PDA

View Full Version : How can I disable the C1E Feature on the AS8??

Kunaak
05-14-2005, 04:42 AM
this feature is driving me nuts.
I want to disable it, cause when overclocking with the AS8, this feature is making perfectly stable OC's, unstable, cause it drops .2 volts off the core when at idle.

right now I have a work around for it, enabling the RM Clock Utility to start when booting into windows, and having that disable the C1E clock, but I don't like that, I want something that works right from the bios, so I can just OC like normal.

IluvIntel
05-18-2005, 05:21 AM
I'm still learning a bit about O/C and that C1 feature you talk about, is that a hinderance to get good CPU overclocks?
Sorry, I can't help much with the Abit mobo you mention, but my Asus board has that control to for C1 function, but not sure if to disable it for better O/C.

{PMS}fishy
05-24-2005, 08:34 PM
this feature is driving me nuts.
I want to disable it, cause when overclocking with the AS8, this feature is making perfectly stable OC's, unstable, cause it drops .2 volts off the core when at idle.

right now I have a work around for it, enabling the RM Clock Utility to start when booting into windows, and having that disable the C1E clock, but I don't like that, I want something that works right from the bios, so I can just OC like normal.

We need a new BIOS for that.

Its also a feature that Im waiting on.

Hope we won't be waiting forever.

sluflyer06
06-30-2005, 07:56 AM
hey fishy I just got my as8 up and runny last night at abotu 3AM....initial results from only 1 hour of play time are VERY good.......I'm currently prime and 3d stable at 4.404ghz...temps top out at a reported 52C through Guru Clock.....i've already had it benching at 4.6ghz....didn't have any time to really sit down and OC though I only played around a little...tonight I'll go all out and see what she'll do....Sandra Arith was up around 13,400 or so and Aquamark 3 CPU Score about 12,800...28 second superpi....i'm currently at work so I don't have access to my screenies...but tonight i'll post em up....i really like this board though......its got Vdroop,Vagp,Vchip mods, I wish I could disable C1E its can't help....oh and at 4.4 it's only needing 1.42Vcore....i actually think it'll do 1.4V but haven't tested yet.....more results to come

Kunaak
07-01-2005, 07:26 PM
disable the C1E with Systool.

its definatly the best way to do it. however, it must be done within windows itself.
theres still no way to do it in bios.
disabling it, makes benchmarking with it, so much easier.

sluflyer06
07-03-2005, 11:57 AM
ok well a few days ago I used RM utlity to disable it and all it did was lock me to 14x multi....does systool work better at it?