PDA

View Full Version : Just came back from AMD event

wicktron
12-10-2002, 11:08 PM
1st off, much props to Jimmy, who won the $2500

My system hung at post. Oh well, came away with $500 and 2 AthlonXP 2400's... Happy that I won, it's my 3rd AMD event, first time I got anything, 3rd time's the charm, huh?

sysfailur
12-10-2002, 11:11 PM
These events are totally rigged... almost every time a component won't work properly... they plant it in one of the setups.. IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Dissolved
12-11-2002, 12:02 AM
wanna sell one of those 2400+ :)

What steppings did you get?

GJ man, im glad someone won. My ride to there Ditched me, So ive been update all day. But im glad to see AMD gave them away to someone that will use them.

sysfailur
12-11-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Dissolved
wanna sell one of those 2400+ :)

What steppings did you get?

GJ man, im glad someone won. My ride to there Ditched me, So ive been update all day. But im glad to see AMD gave them away to someone that will use them.

I have a 2400+ to sell if you're interested... AIUCB week 39. $160 shipped?

EQuito
12-11-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by wicktron
1st off, much props to Jimmy, who won the $2500
My system hung at post. Oh well, came away with $500 and 2 AthlonXP 2400's... Happy that I won, it's my 3rd AMD event, first time I got anything, 3rd time's the charm, huh? Congratulations!!! http://xtreme.routehero.com/forums/images/smilies/toast.gif
Was that really you? dude!, what happened? how come you had so much trouble with the screws?
You were shaking like a leaf... :D
Also, you should've chosen Ti4600, 2000XP and 128MB, it's all about video during benchies.
I disagree with what they did to you. That wasn't fair! the OS was hosed and that's why it didn't boot.
I would've raised hell...

We (OP and I) were there together. He got in as VIP using one of my emails. :D They had food and drinks for VIP's as well as a giveaway of 10 CPU's.
I told one of the AMD anouncers who he was and that he was there so they announced him. Nobody noticed nor the name Xtreme Systems, dead silence... :(
We didn't win anything but we got some free stuff. I had a good time, it wasn't that bad.
Like I said before, much better than being in a parking lot at 7 am...

Dissolved
12-11-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by EQuito
Congratulations!!! http://xtreme.routehero.com/forums/images/smilies/toast.gif
Was that really you? dude!, what happened? how come you had so much trouble with the screws?
You were shaking like a leaf... :D
Also, you should've chosen Ti4600, 2000XP and 128MB, it's all about video during benchies.
I disagree with what they did to you. That wasn't fair! the OS was hosed and that's why it didn't boot.
I would've raised hell...

We (OP and I) were there together. He got in as VIP using one of my emails. :D They had food and drinks for VIP's as well as a giveaway of 10 CPU's.
I told one of the AMD anouncers who he was and that he was there so they announced him. Nobody noticed nor the name Xtreme Systems, dead silence... :(
We didn't win anything but we got some free stuff. I had a good time, I wasn't that bad.
Like I said before, much better than being in a parking lot at 7 am...

Well im sorry you guys missed out on the free cpus.. But its not a big loss, i mean you guys probl both allready have 2400+ or better you rich bastards :D

But Us at Xtreme will grow.. i mean Who cares if they odnt know us.. WE are some of the best peeps online. we should be proud.
Maybe if we all tryed harder then we'd get noticed more. But more people isnt always better.. i mean *cough*[h]*cough*.. so yea.
i love being here.

wicktron
12-11-2002, 04:21 AM
Hah, yeah, that was really me, and yes, my hands were shaking like hell while I was up there.

AIUGB Week 44 on both of them.

Dissolved
12-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by wicktron
Hah, yeah, that was really me, and yes, my hands were shaking like hell while I was up there.

AIUGB Week 44 on both of them.

i get nervous like that too.. i wonder if wk 44 are any better then a wk39..