PDA

View Full Version : Help me build my H20 cooling

Milka
12-10-2002, 04:29 PM
Hi there ,
I wanted to switch over to water cooling around Christmas time .
IĀ“m just a newbie to WC so i thought asking you guys for some advice would probably be the smartest thing to do ;)
First of all IĀ“m using a Chieftech Midi Server case ( CS 601 )
and I was planning to fit all that WC - stuff in it besides the reservoir . Is this possible ? I have no problems with making some room by throwing the HDD cages out , but IĀ“m really not sure about that . It should be powerful though .
I donĀ“t really have a clue about Radiators and Pumps so it would be nice of you for some recommendations ( maybe even post a whole WC setup ) The only thing sure is that iĀ“m going to use CatharĀ“s CPU Block . Here is what I want to cool :
1 AMD 1800 + Thoroughbred @ over 2000 Mhz
1 Albatron Geforce 4 TI 4200 Medusa 128 MB Turbo
maybe NB also but I think it would be overkill on my KG 7 ..
So guys cĀ“mon and post nice things over here
:D
Milka

KnightElite
12-10-2002, 09:16 PM
I would suggest any high flowrate pump, particularly if you have two blocks. Like 250GPH and up. For a radiator, the BIX is alright, and the heatercore from www.dtekcustoms.com or www.dangerden.com are good as well. They should fit in most cases somewhere without too much trouble. Reservoir: I highly recommend getting one, it makes filling and bleeding much easier. Get tygon or ClearFlex 60 tubing.

Charles Wirth
12-10-2002, 11:51 PM
Dangerden is a good site to order from, and they have WC kits.

antipop
12-11-2002, 01:03 AM
you can do a T-filling line instead of the res, i take much less space

DuraN
12-13-2002, 05:01 AM
Like one of those Swiftech Fill-and-bleed thingys ?

antipop
12-13-2002, 05:30 AM
Yes or you can just do it yourself with a T connector and something to hold the line so as the air remaining in the line won't go back in the sys