PDA

View Full Version : Gainward Ti4200 V-mod

Revv23
12-10-2002, 03:17 PM
First, how do i do it? is it easy? is there some sort of guide on modding vid cards? (Gainward GF4 Ti4200 Golden Sample) I'm totaly new to this and just yesterday found out it could be done so treat me like a n00b please

Second, would a v-mod help me much (im @320/600 now)

And third, I love you guys

Edit - my ram can go higher i think, just hjavent pushed it yet, also, stock cooling

kchip
05-22-2003, 11:52 AM
I have this GAinward ard now myself. WHat are some fixed resistors that should yield a modest increase for vgpu and vmem?

SPQQKY
05-26-2003, 05:16 AM
What regulators are on the card?

kchip
05-26-2003, 06:36 AM
It has 2 SC1102 , one for vmem one for vcore. I know PIN 11 is where I need to solder. I also know PIN 14 is a ground. I am guessing that a 2K resistor would yield a a modest bump for both?? ANy suggestions are appreciated.

SPQQKY
05-31-2003, 06:48 PM
Actually, a 2K Ohm fixed resistor would probably yield no change in voltages. You should get around 100 Ohms from the unmodded card and multiplying that by 20 would give you 2k Ohm which would leave the volts around the same...sounds wierd, but I just learned this recently myself. I used a variable resistor and after I had reached 1.83v (default was 1.636v) the resistor was set to about 3.3K. So if you are going to use a fixed one, go with about 3-3.5k.....I highly recommend using a VR and getting a multimeter to read voltages. Read MrIcee's guide at the top of this page. Good luck.

kchip
06-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Arg,

I got a 100K VR and did the vmem mod. First I played with the Pot to set to zero , then max to figure out how much 'play' it had. I was kinda touchy as I used my fluke and all , but was able to find and set the VR to 10K to start with.

MAchine booted fine , checked voltage- 3.2 I think. Loaded 3damrk and started. 1st test ran fine, then artifacts. Adjusted the pot ever so slightly. No help. Checked voltage ok. Lil more.

EEK!!!! Picture went crazy!!! I shut POwer OFF!!!

I am pretty sure its dead.:confused:

Its only 10 days old too. Im sending it back and claiming stupid , wish me luck damnit.

This isnt my first vmodd. But killing a perfectly good component stinks!!:mad: