PDA

View Full Version : Sata Storage Drive Troubles

Disposibleteen
05-10-2005, 10:27 AM
I have a seagate 7200.7 80gb PATA drive as my master drive and i want to install the same HDD but SATA as a storage drive. I connect evrything up and it wont boot into windows, it says "invalid system disk" I can disconnect my SATA drive and it will boot since the PATA one has windows on it but i cant get it to boot into windows with both drives connected. There are no jumper settings on the SATA drive but the PATA one is set as master. I am not trying to use RAID or anything and i have the latest bios for my mobo. Also when i install both drives my bios can only see one of them at a time, not both.

benonmsn
05-10-2005, 10:41 AM
when your computer is booting up, after it posts (ram, cd, hdd, cpu etc) does it say anything about silicon image 3112 etc or anything syaing it is looking for sta drives? this is usually an option in the bios to turn on the sata. other then that, if that is turned on it just sounds like boot order, need to make sure your pata is set first, wether this is phrased as hdd-0, or hdd - ide i dont know, but soem where in your bios that option is there

Disposibleteen
05-10-2005, 10:54 AM
alright ill look, i have a DFI mobo with the post LEDs and they stop on the code "trouble detecing IDE devices" when my SATA drive is hooked in.

Disposibleteen
05-10-2005, 12:03 PM
alright, i found it, it was the darn Bios settings, i never had it turned on since i never had a SATA drive until now, thanks for the help.

benonmsn
05-10-2005, 06:57 PM
no problem

masterofpuppets
05-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Did it tell the BIOS to use your SATA port as IDE-1? That happened to me too, when I first started using SATA.