PDA

View Full Version : Need help with developing ram =)

ChongL
05-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Hey guys...I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum but I think it's the closest to the topic at hand. I just got hired by a local ram company who wants to enter the gaming/overclocking market to overclock and beat the crap out of their ram. And I'm supposed to give them feedback.

Now I know it won't be BH-5 or TCCD, but just wondering what I should tell them in terms of a balance of timings vs. raw speed.

Any input from you guys would be appreciated since you guys are all extreme here. Thanks again! :)

Major
05-09-2005, 01:19 PM
2-2-2-5 > 250mhz @ 3.2v

2.5-3-3-7 > 300mhz @ 2.8v

P_1
05-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey guys...I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum but I think it's the closest to the topic at hand. I just got hired by a local ram company who wants to enter the gaming/overclocking market to overclock and beat the crap out of their ram. And I'm supposed to give them feedback.

Now I know it won't be BH-5 or TCCD, but just wondering what I should tell them in terms of a balance of timings vs. raw speed.

Any input from you guys would be appreciated since you guys are all extreme here. Thanks again! :)
what?? are they making their own ram chips? If so then ask them to develop ram that will scale high with low voltage and low timings(2-2-2 or 1-1-1 :D :lol: ) like 275mhz with 2-2-2 timings at 2.7v would be very nice :)

Magnj
05-09-2005, 01:54 PM
1-1-1-5 @350MHZ please.
No realy though. There should be a happy medium. Tight timings around 250-260 is great. What kind of chips?

shadowing
05-09-2005, 02:00 PM
I'd like to ask what company?

It'd be nice to have anything that's 1-1-1-5, or 2-2-2-5 at 250, or more MHZ.

ChongL
05-09-2005, 02:01 PM
I start tomorrow so I'll see how things are run first. But their test room has an FX-53 for me to play with :). I get paid to overclock now!!

I'll try and tell them to balance low latencies (2-2-2) like you guys said with around 250-260 MHz. Hopefully I'll have some influence and it will end up helping us all. The company is gigaram btw...they sell some stuff on newegg right now

Thanks for the responses once again!

[XC] moddolicous
05-09-2005, 02:10 PM
see if they can make mem that runs 1-1-1. I dont think there is any memory out right now that can do that.

P_1
05-09-2005, 02:18 PM
I start tomorrow so I'll see how things are run first. But their test room has an FX-53 for me to play with :). I get paid to overclock now!!

I'll try and tell them to balance low latencies (2-2-2) like you guys said with around 250-260 MHz. Hopefully I'll have some influence and it will end up helping us all. The company is gigaram btw...they sell some stuff on newegg right now

Thanks for the responses once again!

so what are they doing? are they making new ramchips or are they just making ram like corsair and buying chips and pcbs and putting them togetehr and selling

ChongL
05-09-2005, 02:42 PM
i think they do both. They started off producing just ram chips and selling them but now they actually make the chips and the stick itself I think.

Sephious
05-09-2005, 03:19 PM
I'd like to see a low latency (2-2-2-5) memory that scales well, even at very high voltages, such as above 3.6V.

One_Hertz
05-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Well there are really two main different ram markets TCCD and BH-5. These are quite different one relies on timings another on raw speed and for some processors TCCD will be better, and others BH-5. I really don't think that selling something in between will help because if you are trying to reach a high HTT with a low multi you will just grab yourself some nice tccd chips and overclock. That is good mostly for amd processors because you can not really run 300+ htt 24/7 on an intel platform cause that would force you to a 50% oc, which most chips can not handle, so bh-5 tends to be more popular with intel. As far as I know both the chip types are about equally used on amd platforms. If you made something in between it will not be bought much because it will no longer have a specific use and will not be better than either type. You should just come up with your own TCCD and BH-5 and try to beat the current chips by raw speed or timings, than you will definately get some sales.

jiff
05-09-2005, 04:43 PM
simple really, look at the interest when someone manages to get 270+ 2.2.2.5 from a new product we all :eek2: . Then order some and :cussing: when we only get 260. If a company speed binned a product that could do minimum 270 2.2.2.5 They would clean up

P_1
05-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Well there are really two main different ram markets TCCD and BH-5. These are quite different one relies on timings another on raw speed and for some processors TCCD will be better, and others BH-5. I really don't think that selling something in between will help because if you are trying to reach a high HTT with a low multi you will just grab yourself some nice tccd chips and overclock. That is good mostly for amd processors because you can not really run 300+ htt 24/7 on an intel platform cause that would force you to a 50% oc, which most chips can not handle, so bh-5 tends to be more popular with intel. As far as I know both the chip types are about equally used on amd platforms. If you made something in between it will not be bought much because it will no longer have a specific use and will not be better than either type. You should just come up with your own TCCD and BH-5 and try to beat the current chips by raw speed or timings, than you will definately get some sales.
no not really, what if his company developed chips that are capable of 2-2-2 timings at 300mhz while doing even tighter timings at lower hz? That would simply be amazing. :slobber:

trakslacker
05-09-2005, 05:25 PM
^ Amazing, but highly unlikely. Would take a ton of R&D.

If your company is actually going through with developing and producing their own RAM and PCBs, they need to shoot for something that can run high(270-300) at tight timings(2-2-2-x), at low volts. Unfortunately, this is seemingly an impossible situation in today's RAM market. But if it could happen and you produced a chip rated to ~270 @ 2-2-2 and was that was binned to go even higher all at low volts, you would make a killing. B/c then even joe schmoe could grab a pair and get great performance.(This is generally not the case at all with VX, BH-5, etc. due to volts needed.)

my .02

P_1
05-09-2005, 05:47 PM
^ Amazing, but highly unlikely. Would take a ton of R&D.

If your company is actually going through with developing and producing their own RAM and PCBs, they need to shoot for something that can run high(270-300) at tight timings(2-2-2-x), at low volts. Unfortunately, this is seemingly an impossible situation in today's RAM market. But if it could happen and you produced a chip rated to ~270 @ 2-2-2 and was that was binned to go even higher all at low volts, you would make a killing. B/c then even joe schmoe could grab a pair and get great performance.(This is generally not the case at all with VX, BH-5, etc. due to volts needed.)

my .02
they should make it a combination of winbond/tccd by making it scale higher at tighter timings and even higher at high volts. Or make them rated at 1-1-1 @ 200mhz and by "loosening" them to 2-2-2 they can hit 270-300 mhz
:D and all done at a low low voltage of 2.6v and has lots of headroom to go higher with more voltage.

Also the chips should be as cool as possible so that we dont need extra fans in our cases just to cool the ram. Also dont forget that heatspreaders = bad, if you wanna make your ram look nice and cool find a new solution other than these crappy heatspreaders.(maybe use better material and epoxy them onto the mem modules on instead of using thermal tape, would be MUCH better)

WeStSiDePLaYa
05-09-2005, 06:12 PM
wow, why doesnt everyone just ask for magic ram that will do 1.0-1-1-4 at 300mhz with 2.6vdimm? and it will run super cool, and cost 50$/GB, and it will do your taxs for you too. :slap:

kristos
05-09-2005, 06:23 PM
^ Amazing, but highly unlikely. Would take a ton of R&D.not really, the technology is there, production would just cost to much for it to be profitable.

metro.cl
05-09-2005, 06:43 PM
we need at least 300 2-2-2-5 with safe voltages (no more than 3.3v) more would be awsome but 300 is ok

jiff
05-10-2005, 02:50 AM
Its all well and good saying no more 3.3+volts, but who would say no to a set of sticks that did 270+ 2.2.2.5 with 3.3volts guranteed

kromosto
05-10-2005, 03:00 AM
nice job

P_1
05-10-2005, 03:14 AM
not really, the technology is there, production would just cost to much for it to be profitable.
I doubt that... it costs winbond very CHEAP to make their current utt stuff(like 10 dollars for a GB of chips or something) so even if the chips cost a lot more it would just mean companies selling sticks at 200+ would just be making less profit then usual.(I dunno about tccd chips but the companies are making tons off the utt stuff because of how cheap it costs) If the chips cost even 100 a GB (10fold of what utt costs right now) then the companies would still make money, just less of it, or even the same since everyone would be buying their stuff instead of the competitions stuff.

GazC
05-10-2005, 03:27 AM

Why not use the UTT? It's one of the cheapest ICs on the market and the BP PCB is cheaper than the JEDEC PCB. All you guys would need to do is refine the speed binning like the others have said.

Tbh, I'm a little sick of guys who get to test Ram that does a good deal better than it's mass production brethren. It's happening a little TOO often now a days. Time was that it used to be review samples in online product reviews. Now we get guys opening threads in forums to pimp their uber ram in. I would have a lot of time for a company whos retail product matched the performance of its review samples. As opposed to giving cherries out to selected people.

jiff
05-10-2005, 03:54 AM
Tbh, I'm a little sick of guys who get to test Ram that does a good deal better than it's mass production brethren. It's happening a little TOO often now a days. Time was that it used to be review samples in online product reviews. Now we get guys opening threads in forums to pimp their uber ram in. I would have a lot of time for a company whos retail product matched the performance of its review samples. As opposed to giving cherries out to selected people.
Well Said
:clap:

Napoleonic
05-10-2005, 04:11 AM
DON'T FORGET ABOUT DDR2 (for M2 soket ha :D) and beyond.....

dippyskoodlez
05-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Why not use the UTT? It's one of the cheapest ICs on the market and the BP PCB is cheaper than the JEDEC PCB. All you guys would need to do is refine the speed binning like the others have said.

Thats why the stuff I'm reviewing, I'm buying ;)

GazC
05-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Thats why the stuff I'm reviewing, I'm buying ;)

Can't argue with that, mate :toast:

sabrewolf732
05-10-2005, 10:37 AM
wow, why doesnt everyone just ask for magic ram that will do 1.0-1-1-4 at 300mhz with 2.6vdimm? and it will run super cool, and cost 50$/GB, and it will do your taxs for you too. :slap:

lmao I was thinking the same thing reading some of these responses :p:UTT is very cheap due to it being untested chips. If giga is making their own chips, I would tell them tight timings with high voltage and 250-270MHz(Bh5 behavior) and tccd behavior with low voltage.

Entity_Razer
05-10-2005, 10:56 AM
For OC'ng I'd reccomend 250MHZ to be a "good start". Don't push them directly. I mean, we can ask such from Winbond or Samsung because they have the experience, but not from a new company (new to actually making gaming RAM/OC ram)

What I'd reccomend is a "low budget" series that does 230MHZ say 2-2-2-5 @ 2.9 volts

and a "performance series" that does 250-260 2-2-2-7 or something @ 2.9Volts (speed binning)

I mean, it's great for us if they come up with a RAM that needs 2.8 Volts to run 300MHZ and 2-2-2-2 but that'll never happen by a newbie company.

So i'd suggest them to make something that:

-requires low voltages (up to 2.9 i'd say. standart for a motherboard nowadays
-Runs say (tightest) 2-2-2-5
-Runs 250 Mhz by standart. meaning all ram is capable of that, nothing else guaranteed.

and the 250mhz @ 2-2-2-5 would be nice I have to admit, but if it'll happen...

better focus on the "entry level" market seeing as new company won't be able to compete with BH-5 or TCCD no matter what. R&D would just be to high a cost..

dippyskoodlez
05-10-2005, 11:16 AM
and the 250mhz @ 2-2-2-5 would be nice I have to admit, but if it'll happen...

Most of the requests in this thread are just nuts... but Id say a good enthusiast ram, would be 250, 2-2-2-5, 2.8-3v, and let us OC it and see how it does. ;)

Entity_Razer
05-11-2005, 02:44 AM
indeed :) glad you agree :p:

And really, I hope they either make a kickass PCB themselves or otherways just recommend them the Brainpower PCB. IT KICKS ASS and lets chips really work to their fullest:) (nice for OC'ng to hu :p: )

trans am
05-24-2005, 11:00 AM
I don't mean to sound negative, but you guys are jumping into something that others have years of experience in the overclocking ram enthusiast market. If there was ram that did 300 2-2-2-6 timings under 3.0 v, don't you think we would all be using it already? don't you think Micron would've made a better crucial Ballistix? they have control of their chips. So why wouldn't they just snap their fingers and release some uber ram? If anyone has the upper hand in this game they do. But they still haven't shown anything really interesting since Ballistix. THe point is, you don't just MAKE ram that does ras/cas 1 @ DDR600+ or whatever you dudes are dreaming of. :rolleyes:
Sorry to be a buzz kill. Just being realistic
I can see OCZ and gskill Mushkin ...etc. rolling their eyes at this one.

gundamit
05-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Sorry to be a buzz kill. Just being realistic The last thing we need is reality to intrude on our dementia. ;) Wild eyed enthusiam seems to spring out around here whenever any news comes down. Of course the dark side of the dementia is when people start complaining about their PC3200 memory not hitting 300HTT on default settings. :p:

don_vercetti
05-24-2005, 11:21 AM
tbh don't you think speed binning takes the fun from overclocking? OC'ing is (in my book) about getting cheap components to high speeds, hence me getting Geil Value with UTT in, softmodding and overclocking a 6800 to a 6800ultra, and getting a DLT3C 1800 to 2.6ghz. It's more fun that way, than getting cherry picked, uber expensive mushkin 4800 that you know what speed it runs at.

don_vercetti
05-24-2005, 11:23 AM
having said that
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221134

these gigaram chips look like remarkable good value for money. $122 for 1gb of PC3200 that does a guaranteed 2-2-2-5, at only 2.5v? That is rather good.

gundamit
05-24-2005, 11:32 AM
tbh don't you think speed binning takes the fun from overclocking? That answer will vary from person but you can put me in the cheap bastard camp of people who take an incredible amount of joy (beyond all reason) from good price/performance ratios. Others may be less price sensitive and only care that they get to where they want to be, price be damned. I actually like the second group's posts more. Guys like OPB are fearless (with their credit cards) and always keep the forums entertaining. :)

gundamit
05-24-2005, 11:36 AM
PC3200 that does a guaranteed 2-2-2-5, at only 2.5v? That is rather good. I'm sure Trans Am and his reality will tell you that is a typo. See ... there's that wild eyed enthusiasm rearing up again. :D

don_vercetti
05-24-2005, 11:38 AM
well sure. But imagine if OPB was getting world records with a 3000+venice, because he managed to find some geil value bh-5, and voltmodded his msi k8n neo2 to 3.8v or something, so he could access super high HTTs. Now that makes for really entertaining reading, does it not?

Lol, yeah, can't keep it down. But sometimes it comes true...

Crankster
05-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Max 3.3 V. Aim for 250+ mhz at tight timings.

gundamit
05-24-2005, 11:50 AM
You forgot to mention that the "cheap bastard" overclocking WRs OPB grabs with his $700USD budget is done on air! It could come true, but I think the chances are quite a bit less than the mods issuing a warning or censoring us for wandering way off topic.

In an effort (albeit token) to get back OT, maybe I should mention that I'm waiting for our man at Gigaram to get back to me with results on his 2x1024 PC3500 tests. Hopefully no fires have started burning more brightly and he is able to get back to me with the information so I can pull the trigger on the order or move on.

justwOo
05-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Some 1024 sticks of ram that constantly did 250+ at 2.5-3-3-x would be amazing for the gaming community :P
Maybe not so much for the overclocking community, but imo that market has already been conquered

sabrewolf732
05-24-2005, 12:30 PM
aznblueboi, what chips on the DDR466 2-2-2-6 2.5v? :confused: :slobber:

jcollett69
05-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Looks like NewEgg has three versions of this GigaRam Mach1000 out. DDR400, 433, and 466. Looks to suggest binning of chips. Now will someone please be brave enough to reveal any info underneath those heat spreaders and a pic of the chips as well? Also would like to see here in the near future a sticky for this RAM series W.R.T. an o/c database. I truely LOVE the idea of 2-2-2 timings w/o having to use high voltages. :woot:

calcal
05-24-2005, 01:13 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221134
NICE 122 only =]

ewitte
05-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Are there any reviews for this stuff yet?

Eric

ewitte
05-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Wait. Has anyone noticed what the website says?

http://www.gigaram.com/products/ddr_high.htm

It says the Mach 1000 PC3700 runs 2.5-4-4-7 @ 2.6v

Although its part # GR1DD8T-K1GB/466/2.5 not GR1DD8T-K1GB/466/2.0

But Newegg also lists /2.5 :confused:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221132

EnJoY
05-24-2005, 03:54 PM
I think this is a brand spanking new product from these guys and I think the specs are real. But man, I really wanna see a review or something before I drop the cash on an unknown company.

calcal
05-24-2005, 04:36 PM
design some better looking heatsinks also =]

jumanji969
05-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Those gigaram sticks look a lot like tccd.

EnJoY
05-24-2005, 04:57 PM
TCCD that can do 233MHz 2-2-2-5 at those volts would be hard to come by, same with BH die chips. Hence why many are saying they may be Micron, however the latest micron chips I knew of could not do any lower than cas 2.5-2-2...cas 2 was impossible for them, but maybe the latest rev fixed that?

WeStSiDePLaYa
05-24-2005, 05:22 PM
TCCD that can do 233MHz 2-2-2-5 at those volts would be hard to come by, same with BH die chips. Hence why many are saying they may be Micron, however the latest micron chips I knew of could not do any lower than cas 2.5-2-2...cas 2 was impossible for them, but maybe the latest rev fixed that?

micron makes the best overclocking chips in my eyes, if ocz speed binned the micron chips like they did their tccd we would have some great ram. to bad micron quit selling them to ocz.

sabrewolf732
05-24-2005, 05:29 PM

:confused: I have seen ballistix at 232 2-2-2 but with like 2.9v

goatman
05-24-2005, 07:09 PM
i had TCCD do 229 2-2-2 but that's it!!

EnJoY
05-24-2005, 09:54 PM
At 2.5volts? We've all had ram do those speeds and timings, but not at those voltages.

EMU
05-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Focus should mainly be put into good clocking 1024mb sticks. I have been debating jumping on 2x1024mb setup, but most will not overclock well. I think that memory that is capable of 2,2,2,5 at PC3200, 2.5,3,3,7 at PC4000, and 275mhz 3,4,4,8 that would be great for 1024mb sticks;)

With the jump to 64bit OS's more quantity of memory will be more beneficial, and 512mb sticks just wont cut it if you want 2gb of memory. Most platforms will need to run at 2t with 4x512mb sticks, whcih is why the focus should be on 1gb sticks.

There is ALOT of competition in the overclocking department for 512mb sticks, but not as much in the 1024mb sticks yet. If you can get some good overclocking 1024mb sticks, at a decent price, you will hold the market.

mad mikee
05-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Focus should mainly be put into good clocking 1024mb sticks. I have been debating jumping on 2x1024mb setup, but most will not overclock well. I think that memory that is capable of 2,2,2,5 at PC3200, 2.5,3,3,7 at PC4000, and 275mhz 3,4,4,8 that would be great for 1024mb sticks;)

With the jump to 64bit OS's more quantity of memory will be more beneficial, and 512mb sticks just wont cut it if you want 2gb of memory. Most platforms will need to run at 2t with 4x512mb sticks, whcih is why the focus should be on 1gb sticks.

There is ALOT of competition in the overclocking department for 512mb sticks, but not as much in the 1024mb sticks yet. If you can get some good overclocking 1024mb sticks, at a decent price, you will hold the market.

:with: I agree w/ Emu, : we need 1G oc sticks like he said! That is the next logical step. Adding the requirement that you don't have to sell 1/2 your stuff to afford them either.... :D

EnJoY
05-25-2005, 10:45 AM
OCZ's 2x1GB PC3200 Titanium series overclocks well from what I've seen, plus they do 2-3-2-5 timings at 1T.

Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB kit is looking good too with high overclocks above 250 and 2.5-2-2 timings. :)

ChongL
06-07-2005, 06:43 PM
The 3700 was launched before I was hired...and after testing, we scrapped it because it simply was not doing the speed at those timings...

I convinced them to use TCCD; the batch is coming in today so you guys should see the products soon.

There will be a line using TCCD selling as PC3700 rated 2-3-3-5 I believe and some higher clocking lines. They will all be using TCCD and will clock pretty well for the price. There will also be no heatspreaders on the ram :)

187(V)URD@
06-07-2005, 06:55 PM
nice :D
I want 4 !!

ChongL
06-07-2005, 06:59 PM
EMU...I will see what I can do about the 1 Gig sticks after we get some good response from the products we're going to launch.

If you guys have any other suggestions, please feel free to add to this thread.

Thanks!

calcal
06-07-2005, 07:39 PM
are you sure its gonna be TCCD NOT TCC5?

ben805
06-07-2005, 07:52 PM
I don't mean to sound negative, but you guys are jumping into something that others have years of experience in the overclocking ram enthusiast market. If there was ram that did 300 2-2-2-6 timings under 3.0 v, don't you think we would all be using it already? don't you think Micron would've made a better crucial Ballistix? they have control of their chips. So why wouldn't they just snap their fingers and release some uber ram? If anyone has the upper hand in this game they do. But they still haven't shown anything really interesting since Ballistix. THe point is, you don't just MAKE ram that does ras/cas 1 @ DDR600+ or whatever you dudes are dreaming of. :rolleyes:
Sorry to be a buzz kill. Just being realistic
I can see OCZ and gskill Mushkin ...etc. rolling their eyes at this one.

totally agreed!!!

My suggestion for the aznblueeboi is, your best bet for now is use UTT, they're dirt cheap, but have your engineer find a way to torture tests them and make sure they'd put in twice the effort and QC as BH5 at the fab labs to ensure those suckers wont' get fried easily within couple days, be realistic and speed binned them at 260~270 @2-2-2-6, see if you guys can manage to get those chips stabilize @3.0~3.2v!! that way none of us DFI NF4 owner have to use the damn 5v rail and no messing around with modding PSU and all that jazz.

I can guaranteed all your ram will be selling like hot cakes if every single one of them (2x512MB)can do 265@2-2-2-6 rated at only 3.0~3.2v!! I don't think that's too much to ask, be reasonable and sell them for $250/pair, and I'll get two pairs right away!! :toast:

felinusz
06-07-2005, 07:55 PM
With really tight and aggressive speed binning, I think you could probably do some incredible things with Hynix D5. The leftover chips that fail speed binning, you can always sell as a PC3200 part.

Just a thought.

ChongL
06-07-2005, 08:44 PM
I talked to them about UTT...couldnt get a hold of any is what they told me. Otherwise I woulda chose that and speed binned. But I can't convince them that 3.3v+ is practical and will sell.

As for what trans am said...I never talked about running cas1 ddr600+ or whatever. I was just trying to get some input on what you guys wanted. I knew we weren't gonna top the best stuff out there, but we can at least release a product that will satisfy customers so they have a choice...and also at a cheaper price :)

Duonger
06-07-2005, 10:26 PM
you need to get keller to step up. just keep focus on what u are good at already. selling to the littel resellers out there. you guys are getting in this too late. corsair, kingston, pdp, mushkin, ocz, crucial everyone has their niche and now gigaram trying to come in. it will be hard and brutal.

Duonger

PS>..sorry guys i have been following this thread so i had to post. i dont want to slander them. shoot, i have some friends that work there.

evetS-
06-08-2005, 04:44 AM
there were some people at ocforums that bought some of the gigaram a while back, stated really low timings, and failed miserabley when they got it....heres the link http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=387919

mnemonik23
06-08-2005, 05:16 AM
Looks like NewEgg has three versions of this GigaRam Mach1000 out. DDR400, 433, and 466. Looks to suggest binning of chips. Now will someone please be brave enough to reveal any info underneath those heat spreaders and a pic of the chips as well? Also would like to see here in the near future a sticky for this RAM series W.R.T. an o/c database. I truely LOVE the idea of 2-2-2 timings w/o having to use high voltages. :woot:
gigaram sucks a big time, at least their 2GB (2x1GB) 466MHz - they not even working @ 225 MHz 2.5-4-4-7 (I tried 2 kits)

mnemonik23
06-08-2005, 05:42 AM
The 3700 was launched before I was hired...and after testing, we scrapped it because it simply was not doing the speed at those timings...

I convinced them to use TCCD; the batch is coming in today so you guys should see the products soon.

There will be a line using TCCD selling as PC3700 rated 2-3-3-5 I believe and some higher clocking lines. They will all be using TCCD and will clock pretty well for the price. There will also be no heatspreaders on the ram :)
any discounts for XS members? :rolleyes:

SnipingWaste
06-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Have you looked into Micron ram to make DIMMs? There is alot of ram with different specs that are not on there web site. They also have high densaty chips to for large DIMMs.

RebelsHaven
06-09-2005, 03:25 AM
I had ordered gigaram Mach 1000 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered DUAL CHANNEL System Memory Model GR1DD8T-K1GB/400/2.0 - Retail (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221134) before finding this thread...

So far I have tested the memory on:

DFI nF4-Ultra
Msi Neo2 Platinum
Msi Neo4 Platinum
Epox 9NDA3+

All 4 test systems, that can run 200 1T 2.5-3-3-7 9X300 with "LE" & FX-55, exhibited the exact same behavior:

At 200 1T 2-2-2-5, 10X200, many Memtest errors in test #5. I was able to minimize them by tweaking settings, but 144 errors was the lowest I could get on any board.

At 200 1T 2.5-3-3-7, only 9X240HTT passed many memtest passes. But in Windows, there was instability that was very noticable....

All systems were run from 2.5Vdimm to 3.0Vdimm(all but DFI are modded) and 2T was also tried, but the poor overclocking performance remained the same on all boards....

ben805
06-09-2005, 07:22 AM
just went to that thread (http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=387919&page=9&pp=30)

The memtest screen was soo bloody red I was too scared to take a picture.
-kkat

:lol: :ROTF:

mosel chips rated at 2-2-2-6....hehehe :D

dippyskoodlez
06-09-2005, 07:45 AM

this stuff may sell really well if you guys can stick with TCCD-- seeing as a lot of companys are moving to the TCC5 now. :slobber:

RebelsHaven
06-10-2005, 03:10 AM
My OCZ Rev2 v1.1 with TCC5 is crapola....

Rukee
02-18-2006, 05:18 PM
any news on how the 2gig kit of gigaram mach1000 DDR500 GR1DD8T-K2GB/500 sticks are doing??