PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Alley?

JAWS
04-13-2002, 03:24 PM
Smizach, I just watched this wicked show about tornados. Do you live anywhere near the alley? Have you ever been through one?

IFMU
04-13-2002, 09:53 PM
LoL.... yea know we had a tornado warning or some thing or other just ... what? yesterday? hmm.... LoL... I was kicked back watchin TV on the comp and an aquaintence calls tellin me that theres a tornado headed our way and all this BS... I can understand they are dangerous.. but then again so is walking down a busy street... some people are simply to afraid of them...

Dunno... I just dont get it....

Smizack
04-13-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by JAWS
Smizach, I just watched this wicked show about tornados. Do you live anywhere near the alley? Have you ever been through one?

Hell yeah. I live about 45 minutes from IFMU. We're right in the middle of it. We get warnings all spring, but I've never been dangerously close to one. We used to chase them in highschool. It's a blast. Get's your blood pumping like no other.

Lady_Germ
04-14-2002, 12:13 AM
oh wow!
we dont get tornado's here...
wouldnt want one though...not after seeing the movie twister lol :P

IFMU
04-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Lady_Germ
oh wow!
we dont get tornado's here...
wouldnt want one though...not after seeing the movie twister lol :P

lmfao... thats great.... hun.. that movie has those at their worst.... MOST of the time... its minimal... dont get me wrong.. they can be very very very nasty... but most of the time its not that big of a deal...

Smizack
04-14-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by IFMU

lmfao... thats great.... hun.. that movie has those at their worst.... MOST of the time... its minimal... dont get me wrong.. they can be very very very nasty... but most of the time its not that big of a deal...

Yeah, they usually just touch down for a minute, and it's usually in a field, so no biggie. Except that one in OKC a couple years ago. That was a big :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:!

JAWS
04-14-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Smizack
We used to chase them in highschool. It's a blast. Get's your blood pumping like no other.

Now that sounds like fun! My blood's pumping just thinking about it! :D

Smizack
05-09-2002, 09:00 AM
I saw about 5 start last night, but they didn't hit the ground. My Mother-in-law said she saw 2 that were on the ground. I love this place in spring!:D

Hardass
05-09-2002, 09:41 AM
I saw about 5 start last night, but they didn't hit the ground. My Mother-in-law said she saw 2 that were on the ground. I love this place in spring!:D

My ass would be gone!!!!

JAWS
05-09-2002, 10:02 AM
I saw about 5 start last night, but they didn't hit the ground.

Was you heart beating fast? Whata Rush!

Smizack
05-09-2002, 10:10 AM

Was you heart beating fast? Whata Rush!

Yeah, kinda. the storm just popped up within 5 minutes, and they blew the sirens. And where I live you can't see very far, so I hauled ass to mom's house and we just watched it there. I wish I had a good camera, I'd get you some shots of it.

JAWS
05-09-2002, 10:13 AM
I'd get you some shots of it.

Damn, that would be cool! Sirens, I would have soiled myself! lol

Smizack
05-09-2002, 10:17 AM

Damn, that would be cool! Sirens, I would have soiled myself! lol

Heh. They'll kinda freak you out, but it's a blast!

IFMU
05-09-2002, 04:29 PM
Hell last night we had sirens goin off all over town... we even had to close up McD's for an hour due to the weather peeps predictions.. that proved utterly false... we didnt have 1 touch down... all though they were reported all over wichita.

Hell, I was in love with just the wind, rain, lightning and thunder!~!

JAWS
05-09-2002, 04:37 PM
Hell, I was in love with just the wind, rain, lightning and thunder!~!

That's how I feel during Hurricane season.

IFMU
05-09-2002, 04:39 PM

That's how I feel during Hurricane season.

OMG I love hurricanes!~! I grew up in South Carolina, so I was in them every year it seemed.... the storms we have here are so light weight it seems to those....... God I cant wait for a really nice HUGE freakin storm!~!

Hardass
05-09-2002, 04:51 PM

OMG I love hurricanes!~! I grew up in South Carolina, so I was in them every year it seemed.... the storms we have here are so light weight it seems to those....... God I cant wait for a really nice HUGE freakin storm!~!

SICK PUPPY!:D

JBELL
05-09-2002, 05:41 PM

Remember hurican hugo several years ago? 10-11 years ago? did like a billion dollars in dameage? I was in maryland on the coast as it was within 100 miles of me - holy hell that was a trip as a little kid seeing waves as big as me and the sky was soo dark! I loved it!

JAWS
05-09-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by JBell

Remember hurican hugo several years ago? 10-11 years ago? did like a billion dollars in dameage? I was in maryland on the coast as it was within 100 miles of me - holy hell that was a trip as a little kid seeing waves as big as me and the sky was soo dark! I loved it!

That day was the second biggest (wave size) I've ever surfed. The biggest was Halloween Day. (The Perfect Storm)

Smizack
05-09-2002, 07:18 PM

That day was the second biggest (wave size) I've ever surfed. The biggest was Halloween Day. (The Perfect Storm)

Holy nuts! You were surfing that day? How far from it were you?

And they think I'm crazy!

JAWS
05-09-2002, 09:03 PM

Holy nuts! You were surfing that day? How far from it were you?

And they think I'm crazy!

I remember going to the beach when it was parallel from our coast and just watching the surf. I surfed when Hugo was up near S.C. The Perfect Storm was just insane!