PDA

View Full Version : Interesting voltage regulator on the Abit NF7...

sharpbw
12-09-2002, 10:27 PM
I received one of the v1.0 boards in today, and wanted to pass on some info on it. No, it does NOT have the 4 holes (we knew that...) and the cpu volt chip is different from the usual chip we're use to seeing. It's a hip6301vcb. Notice the v. All my other Abit boards have the 6301cb.

I checked the ohms on pin 7 and 10. Pin 7 was around 2.484 K, and Pin 10 was 25.2. Pin 10 was way low compared to what Im' use to seeing.

Would like to see what the board will do in stock shape, but then would be interested in vmodding it. Might have to wait till DDTUNG gives a opinon on the chip.

twiggy
12-10-2002, 12:09 AM
Sweet! Cant wait to see it in action. Newegg needs to get more.:(

]JR[
12-10-2002, 05:55 AM
Hmm is there nice empty space where the holes should be? And will some brave soul drill some to see if there are any tracks on the other layers tho? :D

Interested to see the results from the board however...

]JR[

sharpbw
12-10-2002, 06:02 AM
No, there are no empty spaces where the holes should go. In fact, there is one component that looks very tall for that area, right where one of the holes go. I don't know what ABit was thinking when they layed this board out, and obviously one of the reasons the 1.1 board is going to take a little time to get out.

Micutzu
12-15-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by sharpbw
I received one of the v1.0 boards in today, and wanted to pass on some info on it. No, it does NOT have the 4 holes (we knew that...) and the cpu volt chip is different from the usual chip we're use to seeing. It's a hip6301vcb. Notice the v. All my other Abit boards have the 6301cb.

I checked the ohms on pin 7 and 10. Pin 7 was around 2.484 K, and Pin 10 was 25.2. Pin 10 was way low compared to what Im' use to seeing.

Would like to see what the board will do in stock shape, but then would be interested in vmodding it. Might have to wait till DDTUNG gives a opinon on the chip.

The low resistance from pin 10 to GND COULD be bad news , but i think it can be easily solved . To stay under 2.15V , only a resistor from pin 7 to GND is needed , just like in the usual mods.