PDA

View Full Version : burning

Attitudx
12-09-2002, 05:54 AM
I am attempting something new today and wonder if anyone had any additional pointers, or has done this before. I have about 100 cassettes that I have bought over the years and want them on cd. NO i dont wanna rebuy them. I know how to hook up a boom box to sound or audio in, and I have sound forge to record them but will I have to convert them from wav to mp3 once I am done or???? i am about 70 % sure that is what I have to do but not too sure

Charles Wirth
12-09-2002, 11:43 AM
Might be quicker with high quality to find the songs you like on ***** already in MP3 format.

Tweaked!
12-09-2002, 11:55 AM
Yeah, unfortunately you'll probably get better quality by downloading them versus copying a cassette.
*Are we actually allowed to talk about this?*

Smizack
12-09-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Tweaked!

*Are we actually allowed to talk about this?*

What you're suggesting, no.

But I don't know why what he's trying to do would be illegal. He owns the tapes, and just wants to listen to them on his comp via Mp3.
And the ones he's talking about, you wouldn't be able to d/l them if you wanted. They are waaay to hard to find.

Dude, I think you can do it with SF. If I had a tape player I'd try it.

JBELL
12-09-2002, 06:57 PM
creative labs extigy would be best route to directly input cassette to hdd

Smizack
12-09-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
creative labs extigy would be best route to directly input cassette to hdd

That would be kewl. Dude, you could record radio from that. Shibby!
But most likely it will be done through a sound card. I think that won't be a problem, because they can all be remasterd so to speak.

JBELL
12-09-2002, 08:24 PM
even the normal audigy can do it - if you got proper cable to hook it up from headphone out on cassette to aux in on sound card.

Attitudx
12-10-2002, 05:54 AM
cool thanks i have the proper equipment just curuios i think i shall try tonight nothing better to do so i can gives it a shot

DR. YT
12-10-2002, 06:03 AM
ACTUALy what you guys are talking about is legal he owns the tapes so he is actualy aloud to download the songs he already owns but nothing else the funny thing is that if he dose he can no longer lone out any tapes that he has downloaded materal from due to the fact that he paid for the tapes and no one else.

this is because he and only he who buys the right to own afore mentioned tapes can poses them werd stuff

Attitudx
12-10-2002, 06:25 AM
OH i would never give out anything like that, besides I listen to wierd stuff ask smiz i have a different taste for music than most :), I was just wondering if it was possible cuz i have them and they are just getting dusty