PDA

View Full Version : Abit An8 vs Fatal1ty

fatfreepork
05-02-2005, 02:27 PM
I am contemplating between these two boards and the only thing that attracts me to the Fatal1ty is the otes Ramflow. Is there anyplace i can buy that seperately?

aussie7
05-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I think you can by the OTES ram cooler separatley in the US, check the abit site

Also the AN8 does not have the NF4 Ultra chipset, where the AN8 fatality does use the NF4 Ultra chipset

I've got an AN8 (non ultra) and it's a great board except for the cold boot issue when using HTT300 and above, this also affects the fatality board :(

but my system is on 24/7 and overclocked nicely too :D

Psyche911
05-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Xoxide sells a similar product:
http://xoxide.com/supertalent.html

The fans are supposedly a little loud and don't have the best flow for a fan that size. So you might want to consider upgrading the fans.

I have a 92mm fan attached to my drive bays with twist-ties, aimed at my RAM and DDR Booster. :)

fatfreepork
05-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Aussie, i won't have any super cooling, just strong air or water. Nice oc.

Psyche911, that is a bit expensive for ram cooling. And i like to keep my case nice and neat. Twist ties doesn't appeal to me. lol

aussie7
05-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Aussie, i won't have any super cooling, just strong air or water. Nice oc.

Na the cold boot issue has nothing to do with super cooling, as it happens on mine and I'm using the stock HSF :(

It happens when you turn the system off after setting BIOS to HTT300 and above then turn the system back on, it will give an unstable overclock error and you have to go back into BIOS and resett your HTT to 300+ where you had it prior to shutting down, then save setting and reboot

All is fine for restart the system, but cold boot causes an issue :(

Yes I did email abit.tw and there response was that my system was unstable and overclocked to high, even though I have run prime95 for 50hours without error and have run memtest on the memory for 8hours without error

So I gave up trying to get some help from abit and now just leave the system on 24/7 without a problem

EDIT: I updated to BIOS 13 last night and just tried shutting down the system and turning power off for a few min's and then I turned power on and started the system and bingo I had to enter BIOS and reset my HTT to 325 all other settings were where I had set them, seems this BIOS update hasn't fixed the cold boot issue :(

fatfreepork
05-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Perhaps Venice fixes that a bit?

jellybeard999
05-08-2005, 03:16 AM
just get the dfi or epox mate

fata1ty is just a con... and there are better boards than the an8