PDA

View Full Version : will a bh6 run "headless"?

felix88
12-08-2002, 05:59 PM
as in no video card?

i'd like to get one more folding box up, even if it's not too powerful. i can't seem to find any info on running the board without a video card.

i'd just try it, but that would take folding time away from my main rig.

Tweaked!
12-13-2002, 11:46 AM
It should, Almost all mobo's are designed to run independent of their peripherals. You could always just use a old, cheap, obsolete vid card too. that way you can check up on it without having to shut down first to put the vid card back in. Just keep your eye out for an older p166 or such that's being thrown away and steal its vid card. That's what I do:)

felix88
12-13-2002, 03:48 PM
yeah, i've got a video card in it right now, i'd just like to pull the card out and give it back to my friend.

for the life of me, i can not get it to boot without the card. i can't find any options in the bios for it either.

Tweaked!
12-16-2002, 04:38 AM
Yeah, I'm not too sure about how to set it up to boot w/out it. Maybe one of the others can talk you through it. Like I said before, I would try to find an older vid card ( like a pci card) and use that.:)

felix88
12-16-2002, 10:04 AM
yeah, i've got it running right now. i tried for about 3 hours to get it working without the video a few days back. no go. i know a lot of newer via chipset boards refuse to boot without a video card.

anyway, it's no big deal.

thanks for the help Tweaked!