PDA

View Full Version : Passive W/C 6800GT SLI

J-Mag
04-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Just the otherday a 60mm fan mounted in my case fell off onto my VF700-CU causing fan blades to fly everywhere. Needless to say I consider this a sign that I must go to watercooling on my GPUs. As it stands right now I have to leave the side panels off in order to maintain good tempuratures.

I have A Lian LI V2100 and I am thinking about mounting an Evo 1800 to the side panel. I am not concered about Max performance at the moment. I just want silent operation.

Question 1: Do you guys think the evo 1800 can dissapate the heat created by my two GPUs? As of now I will not be watercooling my CPU.

I have been planning on using the Graph-O-Matic Rev3 blocks, as they are designed for tubing size similar to the Evo. Also the angled fittings will help me clear ramsinks.

Question 2: Gpu Blocks designed for 8mm ID 10mm OD, while the radiator is 6mm ID 8mm OD. Will this cause any problems?

Holst
04-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Its a big rad.

You might still need a small ammount of airflow or stangnant hot air might make your tems go a bit high.

J-Mag
04-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Its a big rad.

You might still need a small ammount of airflow or stangnant hot air might make your tems go a bit high.

I figured if I was ever in dire straits (like I have noticed recently if I run my gt's at 425 1150 for an extended period of time, I start seeing like 5fps, which I am assuming is thermal throttling) I always have the option of a freestanding FloorFan aimed in it's direction...

MaxxxRacer
04-27-2005, 04:59 PM
No doubt it could handle it. but a suggestion would be to have the rad run on its side.. this way natural concection would move air through the rad (albeit at a slow rate) and make sure there is no stagnant air.

J-Mag
04-28-2005, 09:46 AM
No doubt it could handle it. but a suggestion would be to have the rad run on its side.. this way natural concection would move air through the rad (albeit at a slow rate) and make sure there is no stagnant air.

Yeah I had thought about that too... Actually, I am looking into a servo or maybe some sort of pneumatic device, that could raise the radiator from a verticle to horizontal postion (my only worry is the weight of this thing might tip my case over, which means I would need two for a balancing act)

Also, anyone know if I can put standard innovatek compression fittings on the EVO 1800?

MaxxxRacer
04-28-2005, 11:17 AM
you can probably use those fittings so long as you get an adapter for the rad.

servos would be hard pressed to lift that rad. you would need some 1/5scale RC car servos which run around 150 dollars each. they also run off of 6volts.. so more problem there.. lol.