PDA

View Full Version : Radeon X700 Problem

GNU
04-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Hello guys!

I have one problem and can't solve it. The problem is MAYBE my graphic card or driver. After a new restart i have played a game (Silent Hunter3). It ran without a crash. After one hour i made a pause and close the game. Then i started the same game and now it crashes. I see a short window.
Failed to initialize Direct3D device
D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERRO (88760827).

I can't restart the game so i have restarted windows. After the restart i can play what i want and after random time i get the same problem.

I checked my drivers and tools (Catalyst 5.3, ATI Tool 0.0.23) but i can't find the failure. My graphic card is a litte bit overclocked (Core 430 Memory 441).
I can't understand the problem. Where is the problem and why?

Have you any idea?

Gray Mole
04-25-2005, 11:38 PM
As with any card, when you get errors like that, look at cleaning and reloading drivers, and updating your DX version...

Run DXdiag and see where it's got the fault ie dx7/8/9 and it'll give you more insight...

All the usual maintenance of course, and all that with no overclocking just to be sure...ie defrag, cleaning, etc

If it's more involved than that, a full system spec and what you've done to try to fix it so far would be really helpful

:)

Gray

GNU
04-26-2005, 06:01 AM
As with any card, when you get errors like that, look at cleaning and reloading drivers, and updating your DX version...

Run DXdiag and see where it's got the fault ie dx7/8/9 and it'll give you more insight...

All the usual maintenance of course, and all that with no overclocking just to be sure...ie defrag, cleaning, etc

If it's more involved than that, a full system spec and what you've done to try to fix it so far would be really helpful

Gray

Hello Gray!

I have the newest drivers (cleaned and reinstalled). DirectX is 9.0c
@DXDiag:

I have found a fault @direct draw.
The faults message is "broken at 17 (SetDisplayMode on 640x480x16): HRESULT = 0x80004001 (It was broken in the direct draw test. (Full screen and a white jumping squarrel).

The Direct3D test:

Direct3D 7-Testresults: Broken in 39 (SetDisplayMode auf 640x480x16): HRESULT = 0x80004001
Direct3D 8-Testresults: Broken in 8 (3D-device will created): HRESULT = 0x88760827 (faultcode)
Direct3D 9-Testresults: Broken in 8 (3D-device will created): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (faultcode)

With standard clock!

My screenmodus is 1280x1024 @75Hz.

If i restart my system then i can play (without any Direct3D failures) until random time then the same problem.

Gray Mole
04-26-2005, 11:45 AM
mmmm...

Not a good sign, really...

A single dx fault in any one of 7/8/9 usually points toward a driver error of some kind...

A general fault, that goes away after reboot, and no errors, then comes back and stays until reboot, sounds more like a flaw in the hardware...

I don't know pci-e as well as agp but there's the distinct possiblity that card has a fault, and possibly the mobo...

The other thing I'd confirm is general stability...

Memtest...just to make sure the memory isn't doing something to cause it...

and/or

Prime95...1/2 hour of low, and then high level tests, just to confirm memory and cpu stability...

Not long to spend on making sure of where and how the fault is occuring, but unless you're comfortable reflashing the bios on the motherboard, and on the graphics card as well, confirming that there isn't corruption there either isn't going to be easy...

I don't know if I'm confusing the issue for you, but really it sounds mostly like a Motherboard and or bios issue, or a Graphics card hardware fault...

I'd be looking at RMA'ing the X700 as it's the most likely culprit, but it depends on how/who you got it from and whether it could be tested locally...

you're not having heat problems in your case, or some kind of power problem with a cheap PSU or anything like that are you?

Like I said, let's have your FULL system specs, down to the PSU and everything, and what if any overclocks, and ideally some system temperatures and voltages as well...Speedfan/MBM5/bios readings please...

Gray

GNU
04-27-2005, 06:57 AM
Thank you for your information.

Memtest, Prime95 and OCCT shows no errors.
Bios is 310P and from my graphic card is a standard bios. Not upgraded.
I haven't heat problems. CPU Temp. is between 30-40 and GPU is between 40-50°C.
I hope it's not a hardware fault. Maybe it's a software fault.

I heard a tip from a user. After a OC with Ram and CPU you shall reinstall windows. I haven't reinstall windows yet and maybe it's this the problem like Data corruption, DX faults whatever.

I will reinstall windows at the weekend.
If i get the same problem i must RMA'ing Mobo and graphic card. I hope it's only windows.

GNU
05-05-2005, 08:24 AM
So i have solved my problem until 99%. I have reinstalled windows and my games runs but i have a problem. My game like silent hunter 3 hangs up in random times and i must restart my system (with restart button). Sometimes my game closed and windows shows VPU Recover Warning. This is my last problem for the games.

Maybe it's my Radeon too high overclocked? (Core 430 and Memory 440)? Or less power?

What shall i do?