PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Problem. Please help me.

Terataki
04-22-2005, 06:00 AM
Hi all,

I have 2 brand new Raptors 74GB each and i was trying to connect them in Raid 0. My motherboard is the DFI LanParty nf4 SLI-DR. With my motherboard it came a disk with Raid drivers. I tried to make the Raid but no luck. When i try to format one Raptor at a time , one formats ok but the other goes up to 7% and stops. When i try to quick format it , it formats it ok and then i install windows ok. Is the 2nd Raptor faulty. Do i have to get a new one? Is there any possibility of damaging the raptor when i was trying different raid drivers from the floppy disk ?

Thank you.

fastvfr
04-25-2005, 08:39 AM
No, I doubt you hurt it that way.

Did you attach just the apparently-faulty disk by itself and try formatting it?

Probably the trouble stems from either the BIOS wasn't set for RAID0 first, or the drivers on the MOBO disk are b0rked.

GL

mesyn191
04-30-2005, 06:31 AM
It could also be faulty SATA cables (had it happen once, caused no end of frustration).

Check the jumpers on the back of the drive too and make sure they're set properly, WD drives are known to have wierd jumper settings and to be awfully touchy about them.

Try updating the mobo BIOS, lots of em out there for the DFI LanParty NF4.

FYI: I have 2 x 36GB Raptors that won't work in RAID no matter what I do on my DFI Ultra-D NF4 mobo. I've tried updating to every BIOS and everything and no matter what I always get the same error...

See this topic here for more details on my problem, I never found a solution so now I don't run them in RAID anymore.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54258