PDA

View Full Version : Death to British Telecom! GRR

masterofpuppets
04-21-2005, 10:30 AM
I have just had a second phone line fitted by BT, but they cut loads of corners. They didn't even technically fit a second line, they just plugged in a new master socket into my current cable. The original plan was to have have 2 DSL connections, but thanks to BT's stupid engineers, I can't. I can only get a DSL signal on one line at a time. Plus, now my current DSL signal on my line is weakened and I am getting a lousy 800kbit connection. So I say, DEATH TO BT! [/anger]

Jamo
04-22-2005, 03:16 AM
dude, i hate to say it but why the hell did you go with BT anyway? they know piss all about internet connections and my goldfish has more intelligence than most of the engineers they send out, anyway if you payed for a second line then i'd demand a independant second line, not just a half assed attempt at one

masterofpuppets
04-22-2005, 06:12 AM
Recommend me a better phone service then :P Wow, there's NTL, Telewest? The only connections that work with those lines are the companies own services, which frankly, suck. Looks like I will have to move to sweden and get a fiber carrier line then...

Rippthrough
04-22-2005, 06:15 AM
I have Telewest and they have been fantastic.

Jamo
04-22-2005, 08:19 AM
I have Telewest and they have been fantastic.

here here, but only if u like using there cable, u cant get a/dsl on a telewest line as for some unknown reason it has to be on a BT line, personally i have 2mb cable and appart from the crap upload speed (256k) its been a joy

Special_K
04-22-2005, 08:50 AM
http://www.bulldogbroadband.com

see if you can get the 4MB lines in your area

Rippthrough
04-22-2005, 10:58 AM
here here, but only if u like using there cable, u cant get a/dsl on a telewest line as for some unknown reason it has to be on a BT line, personally i have 2mb cable and appart from the crap upload speed (256k) its been a joy

That's what I have, apart from I specifically asked them to change my upload speed to 512k, because 256 took forever to transmit anything, cost me an extra £5 a month. :woot:

masterofpuppets
04-22-2005, 11:41 AM
You can't get Telewest in my area. You can get a couple of miles away though, but not here, since they are too lazy to dig up the roads and cable it.

Crankster
04-26-2005, 01:59 AM
master you're welcome to come here :D
100 jolly mbits just waiting to provide.

masterofpuppets
04-26-2005, 06:23 AM
I wish I could, 100mbit sounds nice :)