PDA

View Full Version : Booster power issues?

Stealth5325
04-20-2005, 06:48 AM
Hey OCZ guys!
First off I need to state that I have modded my booster with the 15-turn cerment pot as I've seen suggested. I've also ripped off the aluminum heatsink covering the MOSFETs and replaced them with arctic alumina expoxied Vantec copper ramsinks.
That said, I absolutely know my warranty is completely null and void, and I do not expect any kind of warranty repair/return/replacement/anything.
Here's what's going on:
Booster worked great for about three months.
Suddenly, I had issues with my RAM (yes I know I recently replaced RAM with OCZ, I made sure the booster issues had nothing to do with it by not using the booster at all during those tests)
The ram just doesn't like dual channel sometimes. It's TwinMos UTT ram on my K8N Neo2 Platinum. Occasionally, with the ram in the lower two slots, and the booster in the 4th slot, it will give me repeating long beeps on bootup. This can be resolved by pulling the ram out of the second lowest slot and booting. This especially happens when I power off the system in an abrnomal matter, i.e. just hitting power from the BIOS screen or a system lockup. It does, however, happen when I normally shut down sometimes. Both sticks do this, I've changed the order quite a few times.
The second this just started happening last night and is what most concerns me. With the booster plugged in, I get power blips when the machine is OFF. The computer will power on for a fraction of a second, then off, then on... the fans being to spin up and the LED on the booster lights up, but then it goes back down. This happens once a second. I'm pretty sure this isn't good for my hardware, and it doesn't happen without the booster.
PSU is a PC Power and Cooling 475ATX-PFC that has been tested without the booster to be fine in this system and three others.
Ideas?

Stealth5325
04-24-2005, 07:25 PM
And never mind. Believe it or not, it seems to be the PCP&C PSU!
Wow.