PDA

View Full Version : Not on list... Enermax 535w sli ready EG565p...

shimmishim
04-18-2005, 04:24 AM
how about this psu?

enermax 535w sli ready EG565p-ve fma 2.0

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-512&depa=1

has 2 12 volt rails and looks decent enough...

the reason why i'm looking at getting this one is because my ocz powerstream 470 died yesterday (outta nowhere but luckily didn't kill anything) and ocz will probably send me a 520 as a replacement (ocz no longer makes the 470... maybe for a reason?)...

which would you choose.... the ocz 520 powerstream or this enermax 535?

The Mofo
04-18-2005, 08:06 AM
Powerstream 520 by far.

AKURA
04-18-2005, 08:16 AM
The 520W Powerstream also.....

D_o_S
04-18-2005, 10:26 AM
I have the Enermax EG701, and I'm 100% satisfied. Mine also came with two PCI-E connectors, which is an advantage over the OCZ. But the choice is up to you. Another cool feature is the "aftercool" function (not sure if the 5xx PSUs have that), which keeps your fans running for at least 2 minutes after system shutdown.

Squid_Spit
04-19-2005, 02:54 AM
Definately Powerstream, the enermax is still a very good psu thugh.

shimmishim
04-19-2005, 04:32 AM
thanks guys. i will stick to the powerstream then...

i still wonder why they pulled their 470w line though... wonder if it was plagued with problems...

Squid_Spit
04-19-2005, 03:46 PM
it wasnt plagued with problems they discontinued it because it competed against ocz's own 420w and 520w.

SPQQKY
04-19-2005, 06:20 PM
I think everyone is on an OCZ bandwagon without full knowledge of the product. I would pit the Enermax against the OCZ any day. If someone said ToPower or Enermax....which would you buy? So ToPower makes a PSU, slaps an OCZ sticker on it and suddenly it is the best around. I fail to see the logic behind this. Not to mention all the OCZ's that have died and had to be RMA'd.

shimmishim
04-19-2005, 06:23 PM
thanks for that insight spqqky...

you're right about lot of ocz power supplies having to be rma'ed...

maybe i should go for the enermax... argh...

The Mofo
04-19-2005, 07:54 PM
I think everyone is on an OCZ bandwagon without full knowledge of the product. I would pit the Enermax against the OCZ any day. If someone said ToPower or Enermax....which would you buy? So ToPower makes a PSU, slaps an OCZ sticker on it and suddenly it is the best around. I fail to see the logic behind this. Not to mention all the OCZ's that have died and had to be RMA'd.

Bandwagon? No.. excellent customer service? By far. Besides, who gives a flaying damn who makes their PSU, the fact is, its made to their specs and it has adjustable rails. Its a no brainer man.

Squid_Spit
04-19-2005, 09:13 PM
:with: the specs are right up there, 5yr warranty and ocz's great customer support

SPQQKY
04-21-2005, 01:09 AM
I hope everyone remembers Tommy Boy.......

"I can take a giant sh1t in a box and stamp a warranty on it if it makes you feel good"

I don't care how easy it is to RMA the product or talk to someone from OCZ, the point is that I am not going to just buy a PSU because it is popular. Brittany Spears is popular but I sure as h3ll am not going to buy her music.
Maybe they got the bugs worked out of their PSU's, I'm just saying there are other products out there that will perform just as well or better at the same cost.

Squid_Spit
04-22-2005, 04:20 AM
Lets not forget the powerstream also has 1% regulation and adjustable rails as well.

Dave in Daytona
05-01-2005, 01:11 PM
The OCZ PowerStreams are made by Topower,
under contract & they are the top of the P6 series & highly customized.

1% regulation

adjustable rails

very low noise & ripple

5yr warranty

The BEST customer service available.

Enermax makes some very good PS's & a much broader range of PS's than OCZ,
but they are rated at 5% regulation & ASAIK their top warranty is limited to only 3yrs.

Anandtech uses the OCZ PowerStream 520W for all of their SLI testing.

Dave

shimmishim
05-01-2005, 06:07 PM
yeah decided to stick with the ocz powerstream after all :)

perkam
05-01-2005, 06:23 PM
I hope everyone remembers Tommy Boy.......

"I can take a giant sh1t in a box and stamp a warranty on it if it makes you feel good"

I don't care how easy it is to RMA the product or talk to someone from OCZ, the point is that I am not going to just buy a PSU because it is popular. Brittany Spears is popular but I sure as h3ll am not going to buy her music.
Maybe they got the bugs worked out of their PSU's, I'm just saying there are other products out there that will perform just as well or better at the same cost.

You have a valid point there Spooky, but I too will probably go ocz when I get my next psu not because the others arent just as great, but because others dont care as much about what I want. OCZ reps go around each and every hardware website to take feedback and input to perfect their product, not to mention giving a lot of help to xs in the rma and customer issues department. But thats not all, you're questioning their quality ??? Tell me one review about OCZs powersupplies in which the reviewer as called it a bad quality powersupply. Heck in most reviews they come out on the very top, hence their popularity.

And about britney spears, I dont like her either, but then again, you cant take a multimeter to find out how good a song is, but you can know scientifically with a psu, and they couple it with features everyone wants and with service everyone's happy with. Lastly, ocz's pioneering ideas and support are putting the pressure on other manufacturers to do the same, which in the end proves beneficial for the consumer, so its not hard at all to recommend ocz.

Enermax is also a very good psu maker, and they're prices are very reasonable, but they dont appeal to their market. For a 100 psu, how much would it have taken for them to put in an led 120mm fan instead of a normal one ???, if they know thats what ppl want...but maybe thats just it, they dont know ;) .

Perkam

SPQQKY
05-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Enermax is also a very good psu maker, and they're prices are very reasonable, but they dont appeal to their market. For a 100 psu, how much would it have taken for them to put in an led 120mm fan instead of a normal one ???, if they know thats what ppl want...but maybe thats just it, they dont know

That's just it, I couldn't care less about an LED fan. I think Enermax appeals to their market by producing a quality product and not trying to mesmerize the audience with chrome casing and flashing lights. I'm not saying their PSU's aren't any good, I'm saying there are just as good, if not better, for the same price. I also just don't want people to jump onto something simply because of hype.
I cannot argue about their dedication to satify a customer. I had some really bad RAM from the "old" OCZ and although they could no longer send me a replacement for them, they were kind enough to send me a socket A cpu cooler, some thermal compound (although it was their silver stuff that didn't actually contain any silver - I believe there was a lot of grumbling over that issue) and a gaming mouse pad to show they at least simpithized with what I had dealt with in the past.

Scrufdog
05-01-2005, 06:52 PM
i have that Enermax. Its rock solid under all loads I put it under, only varies .07-.08v on either of the +12v rails from idle to full cpu and gpu load. Great stuff.... I made a review of it here...

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showpost.php?p=1675715&postcount=310