PDA

View Full Version : fsp530

FrankGehry
04-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Computerpro3,

I read your list of best power supplies and I was pleased to see that the fsp530 made it. I have not been able to find much up to date information about it and I wonder if it has be updated with a 24 pin mb connector and sata connectors to bring it up to the atx12 v2.0 standard. If not, would it be a problem to replace the 20 pin with a 24 pin connector without using an adapter. I have a prescott 550 and asus p5gd2. I know that sata adapters can be fitted. Is this power supply to old. I like it because of the inline fans and the OCZ does not appeal to me. I believe I can see yate loon fans installed. Antec is coming out with a 500w smartpower 2.0 with inline fans so that's another possibility. Let me know if you have any more info or advice about puchasing this psu.

TIA - FG

AKURA
04-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Computerpro3,

I read your list of best power supplies and I was pleased to see that the fsp530 made it. I have not been able to find much up to date information about it and I wonder if it has be updated with a 24 pin mb connector and sata connectors to bring it up to the atx12 v2.0 standard. If not, would it be a problem to replace the 20 pin with a 24 pin connector without using an adapter. I have a prescott 550 and asus p5gd2. I know that sata adapters can be fitted. Is this power supply to old. I like it because of the inline fans and the OCZ does not appeal to me. I believe I can see yate loon fans installed. Antec is coming out with a 500w smartpower 2.0 with inline fans so that's another possibility. Let me know if you have any more info or advice about puchasing this psu.

TIA - FG

I recommend the 550W FSP/Sparkle version. It cost bout $10 more but it's a little more upto date compare to the 530W.