PDA

View Full Version : New CSP MAG pump | preorder at DTEK | specs look good

EnJoY
04-15-2005, 01:24 PM
http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=148

Just noticed this today and I think I am the first one to point this out. Specs look good. A few specifications in particular worth mentioning are that is uses a Derlin housing and a new type of finish on the few aluminum parts used called Anolok. This method of preparing aluminum for corrosion prevention is different than anodizing and considerably stronger from what I have heard. Another spec I'd like to point out is it's extremely low wattage and therefore low heat dump. One could easily put 3 or 4 of these in a loop without worrying about the added heat.

Thoughts Maxxx? (read the whole description please :p: )

Craig
04-15-2005, 07:43 PM
That Anolok finish is interesting, wouldn't mind doing a bit of reading on that when I've the time.

Performance isn't bad & very compact, yet I don't find it that impressive compared to several other pumps already on the market.

yasoumalaka
04-15-2005, 08:10 PM
3 of these would be a cool idea. 22.5ft head @24w. Maybe some on should do a review of these pumps and try hooking up 3 of them in different configs. I still have a problem with them being completely additive. 7.5 + 7.5 +7.5 = 22.5ft head.

EnJoY
04-15-2005, 08:11 PM
When comparing a single CSP MAG to say...a 50z/MCP600, no doubt the MAG isn't as powerful. But these being so compact with such a low heat dump, you can easily compare two csp mags against any of the mainstream dc pumps on the market.

STEvil
04-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Bet I can design a better pump.

Looks fun though ;)

MaxxxRacer
04-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Enjoy at first I thought this was the CSP 700 and i was about to go apeshizle on you for suggesting such a horrible pump..

but... it looks like a huge improvment over the previous MAG. but sadly it is underpowered. a DDC is about the same size or smaller and has twice the pumping power. and my other concern is that it still uses aluminum around the threads which is where the corrosion usually occurs.

other than those two things it looks like a good pump with a good price.

EnJoY
04-16-2005, 10:25 AM
DDC has around twice the head, a little less flow, and twice the heat dump. DDC is also bigger by a tad. Overall yes, it isn't only about as powerful as a Eheim 1250 (more head, less flow, way less heat dump, waaaaay smaller), but the fact that it's footprint is so small both thermally and physically, you really have to overlook it's singular performance and look more at it's scalable performance when using multiple pumps.

As for the aluminum, cant argue with you there...except as I said, they are using a new process called Anolok. This is supposedly much stronger than anodizing, however I'm not sure exactly what it is.

(edit: here is a quote from Dave at ProCooling who works at CSP. "The process is Anolok, and there is no exposed surfaces now, except the one bearing chamber which needs the strengh of AL")

yasoumalaka
04-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Can we get a review of these scalable pumps. It would probably be very interesting because most pumps are only scalable to two. These pumps could scale to four or five ignoring the cost which would be ridiculous, but the scalability of these pumps makes them seem cool. Some one should do a formal review with at least three and see how many you can add before there are no marginal performance gains. That would be a very cool review!

Maybe D-Tek could offer some data at least on scalable performance. This would most likely be in their best interest.

Wang
04-16-2005, 11:38 AM
DDC has around twice the head, a little less flow, and twice the heat dump. DDC is also bigger by a tad.
Might I ask how you came to the conclusion that the DDC has twice the heatdump? I thought the DDC used 8-12w depending on the voltage and flow.

If there was a cheerleader icon.... :)

If the Mag "does" have reliability.... Interesting choice then... 1-DDC (moddable) or 2-Mags. 2x Mag's would be more expensive tho....

MaxxxRacer
04-16-2005, 11:42 AM
DDC doesnt have twice the heat dump??!?l lol.. it sucks about 2 more watts than the CSP... which means it will dump about the same.. maybe 2 watts max more..

As for reviews I cant comment, but this thing does seem interesting so ill see what i can do.

EnJoY
04-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Might I ask how you came to the conclusion that the DDC has twice the heatdump? I thought the DDC used 8-12w depending on the voltage and flow.

If there was a cheerleader icon.... :)

If the Mag "does" have reliability.... Interesting choice then... 1-DDC (moddable) or 2-Mags. 2x Mag's would be more expensive tho....

If there were an icon for a geek... I'd be taking your lunch money. :p:

MaxxxRacer
04-16-2005, 12:40 PM
I dun get it enjoy?

EnJoY
04-16-2005, 12:42 PM
fixed. how lame is that to make a typo on a joke. :slap:

EnJoY
04-16-2005, 02:18 PM
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=11566

Read it, he and I go back and forth, explains a lot about our worries. :)

yasoumalaka
04-16-2005, 04:29 PM
I'd really like to see a review about 3+ pumps and something about marginal gains on a well known blocks and rad. Something restrictive.

Oh yeah I have a question. Can we all agree that the heat dump on those bluelines are at about 50%.

Second question. What is the dump like on a hydor. I have two and together that would be over 50w.

Wang
04-16-2005, 05:47 PM
fixed. how lame is that to make a typo on a joke. :slap:
darn! too bad i missed your typo! Wow nice comeback......... ever look in a mirror? :)
but!!!!!!!!
You still didn't explain how you came about the 2x heatdump.

EnJoY
04-16-2005, 05:51 PM
I was wrong. :p:

Wang
04-16-2005, 05:56 PM
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=11566

Read it, he and I go back and forth, explains a lot about our worries. :)
Yeh, I've been following that thread since it started......... It doesn't explain the "main" worry tho..... Reliability.
Dave was until the last minute.. doing R&D re: Ceramic shaft on Ruby bearings.... Now it's stainless steel on Ruby bearings........ How much accelerated testing was done on the new combo?

MaxxxRacer
04-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Well it says it has a 50k hour mtbf so i think it wil last a while.

Wang
04-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Well it says it has a 50k hour mtbf so i think it wil last a while.
Well.... they kinda tried to say the same thing about the CSP750 50k hr mtbf.
(it was only for the "motor") :)

MaxxxRacer
04-16-2005, 11:15 PM
tuche wang...

this new ano process is a bit skeptical imo.. personally i dont care how its done. when u thread barbs in there it will wear off and over time it will wear off due to the high friction of the water.. it will take a whle but it will happen and then all hell will break loose.

EnJoY
04-17-2005, 10:32 AM
You can use your own plastic/brass barbs. And as you can see from my link, he says only one bearing housing uses anodized aluminum and if it corrodes he says it will only help secure it even more.

MaxxxRacer
04-17-2005, 10:46 AM
if it corrodes it will only help secure it more... interesting.. sounds like garbage to me. A cad drawing of this thing would really be helpful.

using ur own barbs has nothing to do with it. my point is that when u thread the barbs it will wear off the coating.. it always does. and when that happens it will expose the aluminum.

EnJoY
04-17-2005, 10:53 AM
The coating of what? The casing is derlin Max, not aluminum... As I said, it's only one of the smaller bearing housings that is aluminum.

MaxxxRacer
04-17-2005, 11:06 AM
so the main casing (the outer box part) is not aluminum???

EnJoY
04-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Nope.

MaxxxRacer
04-17-2005, 12:24 PM
hmm... interesting. so where the heck is the wetted aluminum in the system?

EnJoY
04-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Only on the casing around the bearings. Did you even read the thread I linked to at Pro Cooling lol? Dave (C-Systems guy) and I discussed this over a few times as I too was a bit confused. Apparently, the casing does not move and it's only there for sturdyness. Water does it it but not to the extent if it were the pumps housing or the impeller housing from what I gather. When water does hit it, it is hard anodized to avoid corrosion. As we know, this can still wear off after only 10 months or so, hence I asked him what would happen if it corroded. He assured me that corrosion on the bearing casing would not make the pump malfunction at all, infact all it would do is secure the casing in it's place even more.

MaxxxRacer
04-17-2005, 01:35 PM
interesting. No i didnt read the pro cooling thread.. well it looks like c-systems actually did their homework on this pump unlike the 750.. cant wait to see how it performs.

Wang
04-17-2005, 07:31 PM
I can't wait for systemcooling's review, as Robo did the CSP750 and DDC/Mod reviews.
I think a stock DDC might be close to the Mag for flow, Dtek is quoting Mag flowrate at 12.5v. :)

MaxxxRacer
04-17-2005, 09:44 PM
stock DDC will kick its butt. it has twice the head pressure. But it does cost twice as much so u get what u pay for!

Psyche911
04-18-2005, 04:48 AM
stock DDC will kick its butt. it has twice the head pressure. But it does cost twice as much so u get what u pay for!

Not twice as much, just 50% more.
IMO, it's worth it...

MaxxxRacer
04-18-2005, 06:28 AM
"head is 7.5-7.9ft at 12.5volts"
at 12 volts i would presume it to be in the range of 7.3....

DDC is a little over 13 feet.

so roughly twice the head pressure.

Wang
04-18-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeh, I figured the DDC has twice the head.... I was wondering about the flowrates @12v.

Thomas FJ
04-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Systemcooling made a review on this pump and 2 in serie and parallel... But I think it's the first revision of it... It should make a very irritating high frequency noise... But the review i worth reading anyway :)
http://www.systemcooling.com/cs_pump-01.html
/Thomas

EnJoY
04-18-2005, 01:04 PM
It was the CSP 750. Not the MAG.

EnJoY
04-19-2005, 05:39 AM
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?goto=lastpage&t=11576

Check that out. The CSP MAG only dumps in ~2watts of heat into the loop. You could have like 10 of em and it'd still be less than an Iwaki MD20RZT lol.

MaxxxRacer
04-19-2005, 06:38 AM
interesting... i mean its not exactly pratical to do 10 of them, but would be pretty darn funny if u ask me.

EnJoY
04-19-2005, 06:43 AM
I think 3-4 will be the enthusiasts magic number with these...assuming they turn out as good as they are sounding.

Wang
04-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Powering and plumbing 4 MAG's!!! Now that's somrthing I'd like to see...! (not do) :)
EnJoY Did you whack-up the rails on your Powerstream? MBM5 readings? They do seem a wee high! :) 12.7v

EnJoY
04-19-2005, 10:10 AM
12.6 is what the bios reports, 12.65-12.7 is what the multimeter reports. I like it, hasn't given me a problem.

Wang
04-19-2005, 06:48 PM
12.6 is what the bios reports, 12.65-12.7 is what the multimeter reports. I like it, hasn't given me a problem.
Couldn't help it huh? saw those pots.... just had to tweak em! :)
I'm mildly concerned of the health\well being of some perif's, like drives and Dvd Burner. I bumped my 12v rail to 12.46-50 (MBM5) kinda scared to bump it any higher. Should I be? it's only for the pump... :)

STEvil
04-19-2005, 07:13 PM
step one: turn it down.
step two: get a digital multimeter and find you board misreports by ~.4v
step three: never again adjust by what the bios reports.

MaxxxRacer
04-19-2005, 08:53 PM
lol... agreed as to what stevil said... lol.