PDA

View Full Version : Windows, resolution and dpi

Wittigo
04-14-2005, 05:00 PM
I wasn't sure if I should put this in operating systems or general hardware, but it appears to be a problem with windows. Don't get mad if this is in the wrong spot.

I just got a new monitor and set it at 1920 by 1440. It was really nice except that the icons were tiny. I then changed the dpi from 96 to 120, with "Apply the new display settings without restarting" selected. This appeared to have done the trick, but when I went into the settings again, it was just at 1600 by 1200 with 96 dpi. Now, the highest available setting is 1600 by 1200 (everything above that disappeared). I've tried changing the dpi around, but that hasn't fixed it. Any ideas on what I should do?

jjcom
04-14-2005, 05:07 PM
if you monitor supports 1920x1440 you can change your monitor type to something different. Sounds like maybe your monitor doesn't support that high of a res, but if its just a driver issue...just change you monitor type

jjcom

Wittigo
04-14-2005, 05:11 PM
you can change your monitor type to something different.

What exactly do you mean by that? My monitor does support that resolution, I had it working before I changed the dpi. I tried reinstalling the drivers and that didn't fix the problem.

jjcom
04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Change you monitor driver to something different. As in, change it so its a "default monitor" or whatever it's known as in windows. It removes the whole limitation by driver. Just try and find monitor drivers for your monitor off the makers website, could help as well.

jjcom