PDA

View Full Version : Windoms media player 10 issues

WeStSiDePLaYa
04-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Ok, I am having some problems with my media player. Sometimes when I goto play some songs they will not play. They show up as red and say they can not play. These are songs I have been able to listen to before but can not now. I have run checkdsk and defragged. But I still get the errors. Its Mp3 files im getting the errors for. Any idea what is going on and how yo fix it? thanks.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28743

WeStSiDePLaYa
04-14-2005, 03:04 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28746 Ok, I tried moving some of the file that arent playing and I get this error. What does it mean?

Special_K
04-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Cannot move As I Lay Dying

well erm, no you normally don't move when you die =p

The Pain Of Seperation: Access is denied

the sad, sad story of many a divorce =/

sorry, can't help with your problem but K thought that error message was pure poetry lol

WeStSiDePLaYa
04-14-2005, 03:29 PM
well erm, no you normally don't move when you die =p

the sad, sad story of many a divorce =/

sorry, can't help with your problem but K thought that error message was pure poetry lol

yeah, that is funny, but i need my music :( :( :bsod:

Special_K
04-15-2005, 03:49 AM
can you copy/paste the file and play that instead of moving it?

WeStSiDePLaYa
04-15-2005, 06:25 PM
can you copy/paste the file and play that instead of moving it?
nope, cant do that either, same error.

masterofpuppets
04-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Get a decent media player. I believe the best one for Windows is either Winamp2 or Winamp5. I personally prefer version 2, 5 is too bloated. But if you like Windows Media's library type thing then go for Winamp5.

WeStSiDePLaYa
04-16-2005, 07:05 AM
I Can't even move the files or do anything to them anymore. I figured out the files i cant use are ones i moved to another partition and moved back. All of the files i moved are now unaccesible by any means. can't move, cut or copy them. or modify them. anyone have any ideas?

Special_K
04-16-2005, 03:15 PM
re-download them again

erm, but you didn't hear K say that, roight!!

WeStSiDePLaYa
04-18-2005, 07:29 PM
I cant redownload them! I only have a 40 gig hdd! and now i have about 3.5gigs of unaccesible space. I can't even delete those files. I think its got something to do with the MBR.