PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing with OCZ VX PC3200

Fumle
04-14-2005, 11:52 AM
I have just bought an DFI nf4 SLi-DR

And it worked like S***, otherwise i went to shop for getting an replacement, but he wanted to test it, he also used an pair of OCZ VX PC3200 and it worked fine with Dual Channel, he did an bios update etc etc

I went home plugged it in to my system, but my own OCZ VX PC3200 kit cant run Dual Channel, i believe that my VX memory is an very early kit

The VX memory works just fine with Dual Channel in an MSI K8N Neo2

But where is the problem ? Did you guys change something on the way ?

I think this this could be an BUG with all the "BUGGED" DFI S939 Boards

RyderOCZ
04-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi Fumle,

Read through this thread, lots of good info here broken down by CPU type. Just find yours and use these as a starting point :)
http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8093

Fumle
04-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Hi Fumle,

Read through this thread, lots of good info here broken down by CPU type. Just find yours and use these as a starting point :)
http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8093

It didnt help

I can still only boot with one Stick memory, but only with one of the stick, can boot single Channel with stick, but if i try the other one i single channel, it cant, should i RMA it ?

andyOCZ
04-16-2005, 02:45 PM
I would agree the DFI board has it share of "issues" like all the rest. Email RyderOCZ or me for an RMA. Sorry for the hassle. We have moved testing over to DFI boards now, so there should be no problem.

Fumle
04-17-2005, 10:05 PM
I would agree the DFI board has it share of "issues" like all the rest. Email RyderOCZ or me for an RMA. Sorry for the hassle. We have moved testing over to DFI boards now, so there should be no problem.

Do i have to RMA both sticks or just the one, that are "bugged" ?

RyderOCZ
04-19-2005, 09:09 AM
You should RMA both sticks to get a matched pair back, but that is entirely up to you :)

andyOCZ
04-19-2005, 09:41 AM
You should RMA both sticks to get a matched pair back, but that is entirely up to you :)

I will "chime" in here. RMA both sticks. You want a tested set of matched RAM. Different week codes and batches can cause issues.

RMA both sticks.

Thanks