PDA

View Full Version : Every time I reboot my antivirus dies

Disposibleteen
04-13-2005, 03:24 PM
This is just what the title says, i have tried everything, first i updated to all of the latest drivers, then i even went out to microsoft and got all new updates. None of that worked so i did a deep level reformat thinking that maybe it was a bad virus. I got back into windows, reinstalled all drivers with brand spanking new ones, got all windows updates then tried installing my antivirus software, Norton Antivirus Pro 2004. I rebooted and upon entering windows i get a message saying "Norton Antivirus has damaged files, please uninstall then reinstall Norton Antivirus" This was the second time that this happend with Norton so i decided to try a different app. I went out and got AVG antivirus free, installed it and upon reboot i got the message "avg antivirus has damaged files, please reinstall avg antivirus." So i went out and got the 90 trial of Macafee virus scanner. Same deal. Anything you can suggest?

I should add that my system is in my sig and i have taken the clocks back to stock.

Disposibleteen
04-15-2005, 06:07 AM
Bumpidg

FOIS
04-16-2005, 02:05 AM
You mentioned that your system was overclocked. This might have caused a harddrive corruption.
Try running a Windows System File Scan for corrupted files.

1) Click the properties of the Drive that contains Windows
2) Click the Tools tab
3) Click the "Check Now" button
4) Enable both options for "Automatically fix file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"

Once you press the "Start" button, it will notify you that the system has to be restarted for the file system scan to run.
When the system boots up, make sure to run ALL 5 scan configurations which includes a surface scan of the hard drive.