PDA

View Full Version : Lanparty 875ProB and SL7E6

snipper_cr
04-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Im working on purchasing from someone a Intel 3.4GHz precot Socket 478 processor, SL7E6. Supposedly this has a unlocked multiplier from 14-17. While its no ES, it does open some doors for me, however he said that he doesnt know if the unlocked multiplier will work on my board, the DFI Lanparty 875ProB board (Socket 478, NOT SOCKET T).

Would anyone be able to offer some advice on this one? Thanks!

icon57
04-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Good question, I have the same mobo on order, coming in a few days. I also have a p4 2.6 with an unlock multi. I hope mine works too! :woot:

snipper_cr
04-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Well i got the processor, a SL7E6 and i flashed my bios to the latest final, 9/13/04. Still the multiplier feature in the Genie Bios is locked. I go on advice and flash to the 1/20/05 beta bios and after it flashed, still locked multiplier. Some people have mentioned about FMB1.5 conformaty but i have no clue what that means.

Any sugestions?

Jorrell
05-02-2005, 08:00 AM
they may have meant that it only has the unlocked multiplier on asus boards. Some of the asus boards let you select a lower multiplier now on all p4c's. This is something they recently added to the bios that no other manufacturer has. I've sent an email to dfi about adding this.

snipper_cr
05-07-2005, 07:10 PM
I got an email from DFI after a few weeks and they said they would ask their engineers about this. However i have next to no faith in DFI's tech support department and something like this while ambitious of them, im not expecting a responce. I am looking into an ASUS board which i can change the multiplier on.

{PMS}fishy
05-08-2005, 06:10 AM
Im pretty sure that your CPU there is locked. There was one s478 Prescott that had 1 other unlcoked multiplier and it would drop to that if the MB was unable to met the current/voltage requirments to run at full speed.

If anything you will have 1 multi other than stock, but you will not have the full range.