PDA

View Full Version : anandtech's nforce2 MB Roundup

Justintoxicated
12-05-2002, 04:18 PM
Well acording to anand tech the best 2 boards are the epox and the asus boards. Possibly teh chaintech.

Im trying to pick a board for myself but was hoping to be able to raid-0 my NON SATA WD 8MB Buffer HD's.

So it looks like the abit board did not score so well.

Anyways which MB is the best for me? I want the most overclockable board. Should i go ahead and pick me up an epox then? Is the abit beter than what they say? Should i get the chaintech because it has raid-o? Im so confused and im tired of buying the WRONG MB's (last time i had to buy 3 before setteling with the epox). I want to Overclock the ยงยงยงยง outa my board, but it would be nice if it had raid -0 option.

Bushboy
12-05-2002, 05:01 PM
I'm not too sure about Chaintech's OCing ability and stability, I'd rather go for a make who is knwn for their OCing, such as Abit or Epox. Seeing as you've kinda ruled the Abit out, and it doesnt have the 4 holes yet + the high price, I would say Epox. I just picked up this board, so I'll be seeing how it does. So far Galifrey seems to like it more than his A7N8X, and Gibbo and Anand seem impressed by it...Can't wait to power it up myself :D

Justintoxicated
12-05-2002, 05:05 PM
should i pick up that 30$ raid card that newegg has to keep my drives in a raid configuration, or is that card nothing but cheez?

OPPAINTER
12-05-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Justintoxicated
should i pick up that 30$ raid card that newegg has to keep my drives in a raid configuration, or is that card nothing but cheez?

I would get a Raid card. Infact, when I had the Epox going I used my Promise FF card, I had problems with my hard drive at 198 plus on just the regular IDE port.

OPP

DuraN
12-06-2002, 09:14 AM
Just wondering why the Abit card is so expensive over there?

In Norway, its the cheapest NF2 board available. Goes for like $130, while the Epox is $150 and the asus a whopping $190!

:D

N8
12-06-2002, 09:26 AM
Dunno but its quite annoying :)