PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy Matey! She's gonna blow!!!

Erik21d
12-05-2002, 02:55 PM
It figures once I get my NF2 mobo all hell would break lose...

Trying to combat the instabilty in my new board I decided I'd take the mobo out of my 5 month old Koolance case and put some extra cooling on my NB. While moving my case to a more comfortable location I noticed my legs were wet...

I thought to myself, "Did I just pee in my pants?"
Then I thought," Nah, I dont think so, I haven't done that since
last New Years in my drunken state of sleep..."

Well, I sat my case down on table and noticed water was everywhere!!! I guess koolances don't like being moved around alot :rolleyes: I looked at the water tank and the side had broken off....yes you read right...broken off...don't ask me how...it broke off...what was supposed to be a solid piece of plastic had...you guessed it...broken off...

Moral of the story: there is no moral actually. I just felt like ranting...

Man, I can't wait for my prommie...

Galifrey
12-05-2002, 02:57 PM
blimey....

bet that was caused by case flex... not good....

Wolf
12-05-2002, 03:50 PM
bummer man :slobber: . I would not trust those Koolance cases. If you go with a swiftech setup, you'll be much happier. I would suggest Dangerden but I'm not too impressed with the maze 3 failure rate either. Is your board and cpu ok?

muzz
12-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Wolf are you referring to the prettier plastic top cover on the maze3? You know the one that melts............. heheh. Copper on copper please..... ty.

Erik21d
12-05-2002, 04:27 PM
I'm not to bummed now that I think about it. It gave me a reason to buy a new Li-Lian case to go on top of my prommie....whenever that gets here...

Galifrey
12-05-2002, 04:28 PM
oooh and the Lian Li modding kit chip-con have announced :D

Charles Wirth
12-05-2002, 04:32 PM
Wolf, Dangerden Maze 3 failure rate?

Mines a year old with original lexan top. and still in perfect condition. I have rotated countless mobo's and CPU's and never had a leak.

Erik21d
12-05-2002, 07:08 PM
oooh and the Lian Li modding kit chip-con have announced

Yeah I just talked to the Garry from Hardwaregods.net and he said Chip-con has shipped the "Alu-Kit" this week and they will be getting them in later this month :D

KnightElite
12-05-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by FUGGER
Wolf, Dangerden Maze 3 failure rate?

Mines a year old with original lexan top. and still in perfect condition. I have rotated countless mobo's and CPU's and never had a leak.

Hehe.... mine melted.... ;).
http://homepage.usask.ca/~kdh349/compare3.jpg

That's it next to my MCW462-UHT :D.

Erik21d, that's definitely a §§§§ty way for your watercooling to die, I can completely sympathize (as you can see above :p). At least your hardware survived the dousing without issues.

RichBa5tard
12-06-2002, 12:14 AM
Knightelite: pump failure? :/

Justintoxicated
12-06-2002, 12:28 AM
KE didnt someone restore that block?

KnightElite
12-06-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by RichBa5tard
Knightelite: pump failure? :/

No... actually what happenned was that I turned off the computer, but forgot to turn off the TEC (my current setup has a relay to prevent that from happenning). The fans on the radiators were not running, so the water was not getting cooled. Then, somehow it started leaking (either the leak was already present, or the seal was broken somewhere) but there was no more water in the block, and the 226W TEC was still going full power. That's when §§§§ started melting, and it took out my motherboard, vidcard, and obviously the block and TEC (though Carrion, from hardforums, bought the block and did a really good job of restoring it). CPU also needed to be replaced due to this incident.... My mom called me at work and told me that she had smelled smoke, and had gone in and there was smoke all over my room, so she just unplugged everything ;). There actually was a haze of smoke in the room.....

saaya
12-06-2002, 03:15 AM
holy shiznit!

Mime
12-07-2002, 06:45 PM
Heh, I remember reading the thread about that at hardforums when it happened. My responce was about the same. :eek: