PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen error "Dumping Physical Memory" Please Help

im20nrollinhigh
04-12-2005, 06:07 AM
My PC has been acting funny, I thought it was a software issue but now I think it is hardware. A blue screen pops up saying dumping physical memory, then it trys to reboot. Upon reboot it tries to boot from cd-rom but hangs up. I have to shut down for a few minutes before I can boot into windows. I tried a fresh start reformating and installing windows but did not seem to help. Does quick format earase everything or do I need to do the long format to get a fresh start. I think it might be my ram or maybe my hard drive it has been making some diffrent noises. Any Ideas?????

DFI NF3 s754 MB
3400+ Clawhammer
1 gig G.Skill running DDR400 at 2-2-2 timings
ATI X800XT PE AGP vid card ( Which I noticed runnning at 82C when scanning for artifacts with ATI Tool, it's not OC'ed either)
WD 36GB Raptor HD
Sound Audigy 2 ZS sound card

Special_K
04-12-2005, 06:57 AM
hello

you will need to give us more info

are you overclocking anything?

are you getting enough Volts to any overclocked components?

is it Prime95 stable?

will it do SuperPI for 1M/19iterations?

im20nrollinhigh
04-12-2005, 07:05 AM
I am not OC'in anything right now everything stock, I ran prime 95 the first night it happened and it ran all threw the night. It was weird though I did a blend test and normaly it test's three of everone. This particular time it tested 1 to 3 of everything and did not get very far in 8 hours I could see the top and bottom of were it started and finished. After I did a fresh format I ran it overnight and in the morning it was not running looked like the pc restarted itself.