PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with RIVATUNER on WIN XP ???

HARDCORECLOCKER
04-11-2005, 12:19 AM
:mad: Man that sucks, generally it works, managed to set 603/1282 and ran 3D Mark01 successfully.

But I have so many bugs, disabled the internal test in poweruser menu and set the driver to startup these settings at WIN boot up.

But sometimes the setting is away, only RAM is at 1282 and core is set back to 550.

Another funny is I can not always clock the core, rebooted 3 times and cleared all drivers, but only the RAM is clockable, not the core.

Then, if trying to click on defaults, the RAM doesn't set to default, it stays at 1282 - have to clear the drivers each time and to reboot, but it only works sometimes.

I think it is an driver issue on XP, even downloaded the latest drivers from the NVidia page though.

So I have to spend too much time even to change one simple setting and mostly it doesn't work at all. Think I rebootet my sys 50 x this morning..... :(

Anyone with help here ??? Would appreciate it.............

Is there another hidden trick in the poweruser menu I do not know ?

Should I try another program for clocking my vid card ?

Please don't tell me to use WIN Server 2003 - I have to stay with XP and only looking for a way to get that damned vid card clocked easily....

:toast:

D_o_S
04-11-2005, 05:45 AM
:mad: Man that sucks, generally it works, managed to set 603/1282 and ran 3D Mark01 successfully.

But I have so many bugs, disabled the internal test in poweruser menu and set the driver to startup these settings at WIN boot up.

But sometimes the setting is away, only RAM is at 1282 and core is set back to 550.

Another funny is I can not always clock the core, rebooted 3 times and cleared all drivers, but only the RAM is clockable, not the core.

Then, if trying to click on defaults, the RAM doesn't set to default, it stays at 1282 - have to clear the drivers each time and to reboot, but it only works sometimes.

I think it is an driver issue on XP, even downloaded the latest drivers from the NVidia page though.

So I have to spend too much time even to change one simple setting and mostly it doesn't work at all. Think I rebootet my sys 50 x this morning..... :(

Anyone with help here ??? Would appreciate it.............

Is there another hidden trick in the poweruser menu I do not know ?

Should I try another program for clocking my vid card ?

Please don't tell me to use WIN Server 2003 - I have to stay with XP and only looking for a way to get that damned vid card clocked easily....

I imagine that you've disabled the internal test under the nVida overclocking as well as under Rivatuner?

HARDCORECLOCKER
04-11-2005, 11:03 AM
I imagine that you've disabled the internal test under the nVida overclocking as well as under Rivatuner?

:rolleyes: Hey DOS - THX for information. I just started some days ago to care about RIVATUNER and I'm still not quite familiar with all that stuff depends on OCing a GPU.......... :am:

So Your guess is a good one - no, I only disabled it in the menu NVidia overclocking.

Just took a look and found "overclocking global" - there is a submenu "disable clocktest".

Is this the one to disable also ?

THX !

rodman
04-11-2005, 03:43 PM
The reason your core defaults back to stock is becouse your in 2d mode. Once you start a 3d program the core will clock to your set speeds.

HARDCORECLOCKER
04-11-2005, 09:07 PM
The reason your core defaults back to stock is becouse your in 2d mode. Once you start a 3d program the core will clock to your set speeds.

:D THX rodman, didn't know that. Can it be disabled - I mean that the core always runs in 3D mode....... :confused:

Apocalipsis
04-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Rivatuner allow separate 2D/3D clocks so set the same for both.

Another way is to extract the bios from your card with nvflash, modify the 2D and 3D clocks with Nibitor and flash again.