PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Benchmarking Suite

D_o_S
04-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Hi everyone!

I was just thinking, how about our own set of benchmarking programs? Something that would show real life performance, doing the tasks you might usually do (like a 3D game, some Photoshop editing while music is playing in the background, copying files...). Well, would anyone here be able to code this? Or is it just a stupid idea :slap:

Well, tell me what you think.

masterofpuppets
04-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Maybe. For 3D stuff, a little OpenGL sequence and a little Direct3D sequence, then a little Pi test. Or maybe big tests, but yeah, sounds like a great idea.

eshbach
04-10-2005, 11:59 AM
i'm in. i'll work on physics coding if someone can do graphics.

masterofpuppets
04-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Do some OpenGL, and make a Linux version too! Think about the Linux geeks!!

shadowing
04-10-2005, 01:39 PM
I can imagine it now. XTREMESYSTEMS BenchX.

eshbach
04-10-2005, 01:46 PM
I really think this is a good idea.

so far i have a 3d modeler found i'm looking for someone to write a graphics engine.

bh2k
04-10-2005, 01:58 PM
I can do a website if we start to actually form something :)

D_o_S
04-11-2005, 04:55 AM
Alright, I guess everything to here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175

texuspete00
04-15-2005, 04:46 AM
^ Awesome.... that really belongs here now I think. Believe it or not the right people are looking at this. Love the new section. How could you be a member of xs that knows some code without checing out the new coder's corner section.

FOIS
04-16-2005, 01:57 AM
I have coded a benchmark utility which does complex mathematical computations. Rather than basing it on a score, I base the performance factor as time: The number of seconds taken to finish the calculations. With the latest version, I added in HyperThreaded option for Intel CPU's with HT. If anyone want's to give it try, let me know (It requires .NET FRAMEWORK 1.1 ;) )

VVJ
05-01-2005, 09:16 AM
6 years ago when I was studying at the University I made a small DirectX
benchmark http://cbid.amdclub.ru/files/DelphiX.exe. Download it!
That young man was me ;)

alexio
05-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Is the 75fps a lock in the program? My vsync is set to off and it still doesn't go higher than 75fps :(

Probably those stupid nvidia drivers

saaya
05-01-2005, 10:16 AM
nice vvj :D

i think opengl is a great idea! but we should def have d3d as well if possible...
and about linux compability... if its possible... why not... but we should add too much extra work imo, most people who oc and bench are on windows anyways...
but if its linux compatible it would be the first system bench for linux afaik... wich would be sweet :D

VVJ
05-01-2005, 09:51 PM
alexio, vsync is off. My video card gives me 116-120 fps in full-screen.

sayya, if you are planning to make a multi-platform benchmark then you should use OpenGL API, of course. The second question is what developing tool we should use? I prefer Borland Delphi 6 only. I don’t need any other language, because Delphi can create any program I need. Besides, it supports OpenGL library as well and creates projects that may work both in Windows and Linux. No need to recompile or make any additional optimizations in the source code. Unfortunately, I have never work with OpenGL, but seen many programs with sources created in Delphi. If someone is interested in them I may upload one.