PDA

View Full Version : Prometeia and Abit KD7 quirkiness

DaGooch
12-04-2002, 10:55 PM
I have been playing around with the Prometeia and Abit KD7 for about a month now and initially could not get a Thoroughbred B processor to boot up on the above setup and several people are having the same problems during a fresh build.

The easiest and safest way for a no boot situation with the above combination is to first boot up the CPU and board on an air rig with proper CPU identification and parameters and saving the settings and shutting down before installing in a Prometeia system. For some reason, the KD7 seems to not like having the reset held down during an initial boot on a fresh board possibly due to the unique way the board's multiplier setup in bios. I have tried the above with a KD7 and KD7-R with the same results.

The second method and not recommended of course due to possible damage to your CPU is to shut down the entire system when the evaporator readout is around -40C, wait two minutes, pull the reset to the motherboard and do a warm boot and of course putting the reset plug back in when the system is up and running. I have done this when I have chosen too aggressive settings and have had to clear the CMOS and the system would not boot on several occasions. This of course should never be done unless you are 100% sure you have perfect contact between the evaporator head and CPU.