PDA

View Full Version : Can someone get me the IP of speedguide.net?

craig588
04-07-2005, 06:49 PM
I trashed my DNS cache on all of my computers. My ISPs DNS servers crashed, but I wasn't aware of it at the time so I tried visiting alot of sites and switched computers to check if there was something wrong with one of my networks or computers. (I have 2 seperate networks in my house running off of seperate routers and switches and then another wireless network linking them)

I need to get their DNS cache reset or clear patch. (I forgot the exact name, but it is just a regestry file that you add to the regestry and then windows will ignore all of the old entries)

If someone wants to just download that file and upload it here that would probably work too because I found a computer that I didn't try to vist XS with while the DNS servers were crashed so it still contains the propor IP.

chunkylover77
04-07-2005, 06:52 PM
If you just want the ip for speedguide.net it is 63.217.30.70

craig588
04-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Hurray, I can view web sites agian. Thanks

chunkylover77
04-07-2005, 07:00 PM
No problem

LFATB
04-11-2005, 02:51 PM
DNS server down?

craig588
04-12-2005, 10:46 AM
DNS stands for domain name server. It allows you to type in all of those nice names for websites rather than the hard to remember numbers. Also, most sites even internally redirect though the DNS server so even if I did remember the IP I would need to edit every single link on a site.

When the DNS server goes down Windows will cache all of the sites that you can access as not being regestered with the DNS server anymore and for the next week will always present them as down. (I think Windows saves DNS entries for a week, it might be a month)

LFATB
04-12-2005, 02:14 PM
DNS stands for domain name server. It allows you to type in all of those nice names for websites rather than the hard to remember numbers. Also, most sites even internally redirect though the DNS server so even if I did remember the IP I would need to edit every single link on a site.

When the DNS server goes down Windows will cache all of the sites that you can access as not being regestered with the DNS server anymore and for the next week will always present them as down. (I think Windows saves DNS entries for a week, it might be a month)

Yes... I was wondering if his ISP's DNS was down...

craig588
04-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Oh, I thought you asked what it ment.