PDA

View Full Version : Luck ran out?

Vincentvega18
04-06-2005, 05:54 AM
Looks like ive finally killed my trusty 9800pro, all i was doing was reseating the arctic cooler and now the system wont post, tired everything, having to use an old mx440 right now, no core damage or anything. At first i thought there was a transistor missing but it under magnification everythings there. Im gonna test it on a couple of other systems though when i can..........good thing i just got an x800xt, but waiting for psu (its pci-e) now to use all my new stuff :(

Disposibleteen
04-06-2005, 06:01 AM
maybe the arctic cooler is hitting something and shorting it that way, maybe try it again with the stock HSF to see if its really dead.

Vincentvega18
04-06-2005, 06:10 AM
My first plan too.............untill i realised i cant find the stock cooler. What im thinking happened was what you said, or possible some as5 got on something and shorted it, but ive inspected the whole card, looks a ok to me. I wish i could rma right now...... :rolleyes: o well, been doing this for 8 months now and first piece of dead h/w..................or so it seems.

Disposibleteen
04-06-2005, 07:26 AM
maybe someone around here has a 9800 cooler since most dont run stock coolers on their cards. Maybe you could post up a WTB in the for sale section.