PDA

View Full Version : 375W Pelt help

lilsi
04-05-2005, 05:28 AM
please help..... I can obtain a 375W Pelt but I want to know what the hell I can use to water cool it, short of usin my other 200W and 2 radiators \I don't know..... Please Help help

Holst
04-05-2005, 07:20 AM
How big is it 50x50mm ?

More important question is how are you going to power the beast?
Is it 24v?

I think swiftech TEC blocks might take 50x50mm pelt.
But you might have to custom make something.

Elu Thingol
04-10-2005, 03:59 AM
Guys I have a question too. I will own a 400watt pelt but i am anxious about temps. It will be cooling an intel pentium 4 3,2 ghz and nothing else. What temps do you thing i will have in idle/full...?

My wc will be uprgaded and it will include 2 radiators from a ford transit '87. Thats 24x15x5...x2...

redwraith94
04-10-2005, 06:20 PM
To be sure, find the company that makes your peltier, and get the datasheet(s) for it. Whoever you bought it from might have it posted somewhere. Then check the following:

1. Current that it will be drawing:
2. Wattage that your cpu will be putting out:
3. how hot the 'hot' side of the peltier will get:

1. If it is say a 15v max pelt, and it draws 15 amps at 15v then at 12v (if that's where your going to run it at) it will draw about 12 amps, that is your current draw. It is not perfectly linear but that is good enough for estimates. Find the current, or its approximate on the graph.

2. Find out how many watts your cpu puts out, I'm an AMD enthusiast so I don't know how hot Intel's run, but once you know this find it on the graph.

3. Your using a water cooling setup, depending on how restrictive your water block is, and how powerful your pump is, I don't know enough about water cooling to be able to guess how hot the 'hot' side of the pelt will get, but once you know that then will tell you the difference in temperature between the hot and cold sides.

koei
04-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Usually these higher rating peltiers are 24V and not very often will you have the PSU or PSU with enough amp to run them at full power. So you need to find out what voltage you got and go from there. In your case, you would probably need atleast a dual 120mm rad with a res to provide sufficient cooling assuming you have the volts to run it at or close to full capacity.