PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my heatercore.

Crazymofo
12-03-2002, 07:19 PM
I just got this heatercore for 30 bucks from the local autoparts store Link (http://www.heatercore4u.com/2-639.htm)

What I need your help with is the in and outlets, I need them to point out not up?

I have a few ideas of my own but would like to hear your thoughts before I waste my 30 bucks and possibly even more money to get the suckers cut off.

N8
12-03-2002, 07:23 PM
Can't get a Chevette core @ that store? I got a chevette core @ the local auto parts store for $18.99! They're already pointing out on it.

I'd say to use elbows but I think they're rather restrictive of your flow...least from what I see ppl sayin :(

IFMU
12-03-2002, 07:24 PM
The direction like that really wouldnt matter overall. If you leave it pointing up it would actually probably be better off. Since it would be a set of right angles that would slow the water flow some.
It would more then likely be fine to just cut the peices there and just tap straight into the parts that are left.

KnightElite
12-03-2002, 08:35 PM
Mine also have barbs sticking out the top, and it's a pain in the ass. I just used elbows on them though:
http://homepage.usask.ca/~kdh349/radbarbs2.jpg

Crazymofo
12-04-2002, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the quick responce guys!

Can't get a Chevette core @ that store? I got a chevette core @ the local auto parts store for $18.99! They're already pointing out on it.
I was looking at this one but the dimensions were a little too small for my planned shroud. The one I have is a perfect fit in my case and will allow me to make a shroud that will hold two 80mm fans.

Mine also have barbs sticking out the top, and it's a pain in the ass. I just used elbows on them though:
That does look like a pain in the ass! I take it that wont be in the case? Oh wait you have the skyscraper there's plenty of room in that thing. How old's your sister again, hehe :smileysex j/k

The direction like that really wouldnt matter overall. If you leave it pointing up it would actually probably be better off. Since it would be a set of right angles that would slow the water flow some.
I think I will leave them straight up and just cut them down a bit so I can save the extra space in the case. The only thing that worries me about that is kinking the hose, hopefully clearflex wont have a problem with it.

Thanks again

Jeff

Craig
12-04-2002, 04:46 PM
If you're worried about the tube kinking then run a short section of soft flexable copper and after guiding the flow past the tight spot then switch to the clearflex tubes.

And copper tube will usually maintain a higher flow rate through a system than the fancier looking clear tubes that are soft and can constrict flow.