PDA

View Full Version : Need a Hand with My New Prometia Please

IronFire
12-03-2002, 02:19 PM
Hello,

New to the forums, normaly use the OCUK forums and Tekheads Extreme cooling forums but I need some adivce on my Prometia that you lot will probably be able to help me with.

Just installed it today after alot of hassle of adding my Lian Li to the top, getting the damn holes lined up was a right nightmare but any way thats done.

Turned it on booted it up and my temps seem very high. I am running an AMD XP 1700+ @ 2.1V 166x11 @ 1833 Mhz, which is the most it can do, its not an AGOGIA.

My temps are 24 degrees Load which seem very high, evap temps read - 33 to -31 aprox.

Any way I assume I need to refit the head but while I was benching it it chrashed and wouldnt re-boot. I turned it off, waited 5 mins and turned it on again, when it hit -33 it instantly turned off. Now the only way I can get it to boot is to wipe the CMOS using the jumper. If i then change any bios settings and hit save it instantly turns off the PC.

This means im running at stock with not even fast ram timmings which sucks badly. Any advice on what may be causing this is greaterly apreciated. :(

The case will soon be modded heavily but at the moment only sound proofing, fans grills, LCD etc are done no lights window, stealthed drives or other bits. These will be done when its working properly.

http://www.bentinck-cleeves.demon.co.uk/casepics/prom1.jpg

will_perdikakis
12-03-2002, 09:49 PM
Sounds like you have a mounting problem.

A poor airtight seal and poor contact. Remount the evaporator head, clean both the head and the die and apply thermal interface. After applying, remove the head and see how well the contact is.

sharpbw
12-05-2002, 05:56 AM
Hey IronFire, what motherboard you using?

IronFire
12-05-2002, 06:55 AM
Damn, I thought I had posted it, its the Epox 8k3a+. The issue of turning itself off seems to have just vanished which is good in a way but also worrying as I never found what was cuasing it. I cant be bothered to reseat the cooler atm so I'll wait till my xp 2400+ comes for xmas and then have another shot at it.

Merenfreak
12-05-2002, 06:55 AM
Look at your reset connection, disconnect it and connect it again. I ahd the same problem and it was this connection anyhow.

cya