PDA

View Full Version : DFI UT Ultra-D chipset clearance

etherealrhythm
04-01-2005, 07:31 AM
hey all,

am a new user to this forum, referred here by a lazy DFI customer support rep., who took the "sorry, we dont concern ourselves with watercooling" approach.
i have browsed some cool threads i have found very helpful on general watercooling, but after buying an exos 2 *cowers* with x800/50 block (at1-v06) and amd 64 block (300-h06), i have ran into some compatibility issues. and was so wondering if anyone knew if there would be enough clearance (http://www.koolance.com recommended 4cm) between the at1-v06 cooler and the chipset. the cooler sticks out a mile from the end of the card and on pics i have seen it looks like a scarily tight squeeze on this particular mainboard, but havent been able to find out for sure.
unlike the koolance i havent bought the DFI yet so no biggy if it dont fit, will just have to go for a less cool-ass motherboard.

if anyone can help itd be great, as have already looked everywhere else i can think of.

etherealrhythm
04-02-2005, 11:35 AM
why have i had 30 viewings and no replies? i geuss noone has a clue how to help me. that makes me a sad panda :(.

MaxxxRacer
04-02-2005, 03:39 PM
sorry, been busy with some stuff.

well the first thing you can do is rid youself of the koolance. lol.. they are less than desirable.

if you cant afford to switch that out, just get a maze4 gpu block for your video card. it works great and wont have clearance issues as it doesnt cover the enitre card. it comes in 1/2inch and 3/8 variants.

also as you know there is literally no clearnance for hte dfi.. lol. teh video card sits right on top if it. so good luck if you want to cool the NB, but it seemed from ur question that is not the case.

again sorry for taking so long to respond.

etherealrhythm
04-03-2005, 09:24 AM
is cool man, dont worry. and yeah i can AFFORD to rid myself of the koolance, have a serious amount of cash to spend on my new system. but i just wanted to go with a relatively easy watercooled setup that wouldnt require drilling holes in my case and deciding which plethora of parts i wanted to go with. just thought id get an external kit so i cud get used to cutting tubing to the desired length and attaching blocks etc. before i went full-on. am upgrading to the new amd 64s and the new line of radeon before long anyway so i can build my own custom setup then with everyones advice. but for now, if the koolance VPU cooler doesnt fit, you suggest the maze 4? thats DD right?

MaxxxRacer
04-03-2005, 12:47 PM
yep. the maze4 acetl is a very nice block. incredibly light too.