PDA

View Full Version : Need help volt modding my Kr7a

Espen
12-03-2002, 07:56 AM
First Ive tried a 50k ohm resistor on the 7 and 9 pin on the voltage regulator, but it only gave me 1,95v at 1,85v in the bios.
I have also tried a 39k ohm resistor which gave me the same results. The guide i was reading was saying that this mod will give a vcore of 2,15.

Anyone know a solution for this problem?

Thanks
Espen

JAWS
12-03-2002, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Espen
First Ive tried a 50k ohm resistor on the 7 and 9 pin on the voltage regulator, but it only gave me 1,95v at 1,85v in the bios.
I have also tried a 39k ohm resistor which gave me the same results. The guide i was reading was saying that this mod will give a vcore of 2,15.

Anyone know a solution for this problem?

Thanks
Espen

Are you using fixed resistors? If so, I would recommend using a trimmer or pot. If indeed they are variable, go in the bios then adjust your trimmer/pot (left or right) very slowly.

Try pin 7 first. I got 2.12 out of mine.

synth
12-05-2002, 01:08 AM
hrrrm yer i had a few probs with my KR7A as well....

"2x 50Kohm Potentometer(sp?)
thin as insulated wire
thin soldier

both POTs set to 50k ground wire soldiered to center pin and "hot" lead to right hand pin on both POTs ground lead soldiered to the grounding M/B screw points and hot leads on Pin 7 and Pin 3.

Turned on and got no ouput to monitor @ all, removed the ground for the vmem and powered back on and got picutre but looked like corruption even in bios but when turning the vcore POT it did raise the vcore, i could boot into windows but would get strange corruption on the screen and lock ups.

p.s. i'm water cooled aswell so my temps were fine, however I did notice that the power regulators and the area around there was quite warm.
(KR7A-raid rev 1.0 with the black caps )"

after removing the mods everything is fine now....... go fiqure

my volt mod did work thou i pushed the core up to 2.00v and there was more to go but the corruption on the screen was pretty bad.

not sure if it helps but have you tested the POT's with a multimeter to check if they are indeed 50K ohm??

JPP
12-05-2002, 03:33 AM
A fixed 22 k ohm resistor between pin 7 and 9 will give you aprox 2.1 to 2.2 Volt if voltage is set to 1.85 in the bios.
JPP