PDA

View Full Version : Most Stupid thing you have drove

Chipmonk
03-30-2005, 11:33 AM
For me it had to be a Challenger1 M.B.T in th first Gulf War but i really didnt drive it i just commanded.... :D

Firefoxx
03-30-2005, 12:16 PM
A Citroen 2CV Special Thing, weighing 2 tons and has a 35hp machine.

[XC]thewildblue
03-30-2005, 12:36 PM
The 2CV that I drove could be picked up by 3 ppl, but it was completely gutless, had holes in the floor, the seats couldnt be bolted down and wouldnt do over 55mph. But we had a real laugh stopping and starting with the seats loose. Eventually the steering seized after about 30mins driving so we just loaded it back on the flatbed and dumped it back where we had found it in my mates scrap yard.

Chipmonk
03-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Ye but there good for a laugh on corners

Charles Wirth
03-30-2005, 01:52 PM
vehicles I owned

55 Military ordinance crane
53 International fire truck
77 Olds starfire 88 hurse (425 super rocket)

Crownie
03-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Anything with a FORD badge... IMO

Arkangyl
03-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Lawnmower...

AH^DK
03-31-2005, 01:14 AM
My '86 Volvo 360.

Ad Rock
03-31-2005, 02:58 AM
1976 Honda Civic. 3 cyl. engine using lots of motorcylce tech to keep it going. It made an amazing rally car out at my uncles farm though.

w4r_m4chin3
03-31-2005, 10:44 PM
Skateboard.

Ouch.

zoom314
04-07-2005, 03:52 PM
A Dodge K-Car.

Lestat HWL
04-08-2005, 08:43 AM
I own a tractor, and I use it regularly....

Crankster
04-08-2005, 11:34 AM
My feet while drunk. Falling f******g hurts.

sjohnson
04-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Ferguson T20 with a Du-All loader. The loader is really much too heavy for the front end of the tractor, so turning the steering wheel takes all my strength. Plus, while it runs well it looks really, really awful, like something from a junkyard.

sllywhtboy
04-08-2005, 07:51 PM
1985 saab 900, repainted british racing green. 150k miles on it, blown clutch. bah.

Firefoxx
04-09-2005, 10:16 AM
lol...here's a pic of the 2CV with 35HP :stick:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3214/pictures/trckgauloise.JPG

It's a custom car, so this truck doesn't really suck, it's not silly, it's just fun. :D

bh2k
04-09-2005, 01:20 PM
I once was very drunk and brought snow inside and made a sled down the stairs and out the door, but I forgot to to open the door and sleded right into it and passed out.

AdobePhsyko
04-16-2005, 11:30 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: OK ....I Owned a Vega :banana: :banana: :banana:

naTTen
04-18-2005, 04:31 AM
A Toro lawnmower. Dangerous things :) Much exhausts, it makes you deaf and the brakes stops working sometimes. And the wheels can fall of :) Haven´t happed to me though.

Rippthrough
04-19-2005, 04:00 AM
Twin engine go-kart with four wheel steering. And two steering wheels.

STEvil
04-19-2005, 04:39 PM
'49 Dodge (or is it a Fargo? I forget..) ~2-ton grain truck. Still runs great for its age and gets used every year. All original. Has an inline 4-cylinder flathead in it.

trakslacker
04-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Mack Truck is probably the biggest thing. The most fun thing I've driven would have to be a racing go-kart at an indoor racing facility about an hour from my house. They all have full racing slicks and are loud as all hell. They change the congifuration of the course regularly, but when they have it set up as an oval you can hit an honest 75 mph on the straights(they have a speed-indicating radar detector set up at one corner). And yeah, its in a BIG warehouse.

Needless to say there is no f'ing around at that place. Full helmet and neck brace required for all runs.

Rippthrough
04-20-2005, 06:28 AM
Sounds similar to the place where I drove the four wheel-sterring one, both you and you mate have to steer + accelerate.
It's nuts

winterburnd
04-20-2005, 02:23 PM
For me it would have to be a 1986 yellow (original paint :D ) Dodge shadow. It doesn't sound like much but my cousin bought it off my dad and its getting the Sh|t kicked out of it right now.

mion
04-29-2005, 01:09 PM
for me it wasn't a car, but a part of. Once I had to sit in the trunk becase there wasn't anymore place in the car.

drcrawn
04-30-2005, 01:09 PM
The most stupid thing I've driven was ME to the doctor for X-Rays after I broke my back in a skiing accident. Clever huh?

mike
05-16-2005, 06:47 AM
The backseat of a policecar....

zoom314
05-16-2005, 06:51 AM
The backseat of a policecar....

Now that is really stupid, If You deserved It that is(I hope not though). :D

mike
05-16-2005, 12:28 PM
lol - thank god it was only because I left my drivers license at home - police drove me to my house - me sitting in th back - didn't make too good of an impression on my neighbors....

recons
05-20-2005, 08:21 AM
As a child I would ride my wagon down steep hills. I made "Band-Aid" alot of money.

Susquehannock
05-23-2005, 01:40 PM
A "big wheel" down the huge hill in front of my friend's house. That was pretty stupid!
What's worse is we all rode in a group & were trying to wreck eachother
on the way down. Could have been the Band-Aid or Curad poster child - lol

bxa121
05-24-2005, 02:01 AM
a giant tractor tyre.. i sat in the inside of it and my friends pushed it down the hill... it was fun but stupid.. i landed in a lake eventually...

MightyOne
05-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Has got to be a 1989 Trabant 601 deLuxe, built in Eastern Germany from 1974 until the fall of the Iron Curtain ... a friend bought one for 50€ a few years ago. It's got a 600ccm 2-cylinder two-stroke engine (26hp :banana: ), a really weird "Krückstock" (=cane) gear shift and a lightweight (~600kg dry) plastic chassis.

I didn't drive it long enough to really manage the gear shift, but it was fun - low weight and simple technology aren't all bad. In a crash, you'd be toast, though ... :flame:

Extreme opposite: I have been driven in most of the tracked vehicles of the German Army - Marder, Leopard 2, Jaguar, M113.

Chipmonk
05-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Them trabbies were a great laugh but they didnt last 2 seconds in a collision with a Challenger2. The Leopard is a bit tasty i might say :)

Snafu
06-04-2005, 06:28 AM
Moped :o

PITA when you run out of gas

Codeine
06-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Im a service porter at a chrystler dealership. We get tons of cars needing maintence. Sometimes GMC's and such. We had this old Delta, probably 50% rust. The brake lines were TOTALED. Car stunk like striaght BO mixed with azz crack. No hub caps, cracked windows, teared up seats, dirt, dust, anything you can imagine. I had to go get this car, get milage and the vin. Then park it out back. I swear to god i almost crashed 3 times. Nothing was left on these rotors. I would press the brake down completely, and just keep moving forward. Tons of people come in with all types of problems. But that car was among the worse i experienced.

The technicain that was working on the vehicle, showed us the brake line setup. Some crack head obvious did this. They had the front brake lines, channeling under the oil pan lol. Just imgaine that lol. Freaking brake line was 4 inchs from the ground lol. We also had this lady, asking if Bullet holes were covered under her warranty lol.

[XC] leviathan18
06-10-2005, 09:02 AM
one of those ol bycicles witn one really big wheel in the front and other very small in the back was kinda of hard to drive it but was fun

Jayw28
06-30-2005, 12:49 AM
anything american.
those cars suck ass

calcal
07-15-2005, 01:17 PM
most pathetic car i drove is the mini go cars called autopia @ disneyland

real cars its a toyota corrola

Ugly n Grey
07-15-2005, 03:25 PM
1984 Hyundai Pony.......

mluckey
07-17-2005, 06:53 AM
I carjacked a medium-sized CAT steam roller one night in college. Low speed and noisy didn't get me home any faster, but it sure was unique and stupid.

[FoRcE]
07-23-2005, 05:37 PM
It would be the laundry basket I attempted to ride down our hardwood stairs.

drcrawn
07-25-2005, 02:52 PM
anything american.
those cars suck ass

Isn't that lovely.

Let me apologize on behalf of our auto manufactures, sorry about the Corvair, the Pinto, the Roadmaster, the Wagoneer, the Scout, the Aztek, and the most recent Impala. But first, I want an apology from VW concerning "The Thing."

scrible88
07-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Friend's mom's 1986 1.6L 4-banger 60hp (when new) Nissan Sentra station wagon. Thing has almost 400,000 miles on the clock and about 25hp at the moment. It tops out @ 45mph when going into a 15mph wind on a long, flat road. With a 20mph tailwind 0-60mph was 38 seconds. (Yeah, we timed it.)

The thing is pathetic. Especially when I'm used to driving V8's with 300+ hp.

cloudswimmer
07-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Shopping Cart

[FoRcE]
07-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Nothing like riding a shopping cart downa big ass hill into a parked car, or flipping it over trying to aviod the parked car.

zinff
07-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Ford Festiva! (The knock off of the Geo Metro).. Was only for 2 weeks but i HATED being seen in that thing. Looked like a puke green colored pregnant roller skate.

Chipmonk
07-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Today i drove a T82 in Nottinghamshire but i cant say where exactly.

CaTalyst.X
08-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Bike into a parked car while talking to my friend, he didnt mention i was barreling into a car.

trance565
08-08-2005, 06:23 PM
shopping carts, while my friends give me 2 ropes tied to each side of the bed of their truck, pretty fun, pretty easy to stear, friend ran into car :( so we had to stop and run

i found nemo
08-22-2005, 05:46 PM
it wasn't a dumb thing i rode......
it's how i rode it..... ermmm kinda.....

me and my friend built our own go-kart from a rideable lawnmower and suped the motor up (YAY) normally it could not pull me if i tried....but we put bigger cam in the motor, and milled the head 30 thousands ..... unfortunately it has too much power now. my friend drove me down the street on my AZZ

Ugly n Grey
08-22-2005, 05:48 PM
I built a go cart from a 36v electric motor....had it about 14 hours....drove it straight into a tractor....

jaguarking11
08-24-2005, 12:41 AM
1970's ride on lawn mower that I had to force start and had no breaks. The engine shook like crazy and my genitals never forgave me. That and asortment of hondas/ and a nasty nisan stanza that had the aceleration of a slug.

Stewie007
08-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Stupidest thin'g I've driven......

A BIG WHEEL!!!

Poki
08-24-2005, 08:29 PM
I would have to say the most stupid thing i've ever driven on public roads was a '77 Oldsmobile Toronado to a wholesale auction at my first job at an automobile dealership.
It was very rusty with the bumpers chained on to keep them from falling off and the carberator was leaking gas all over the engine. Needless to say i wasn't the least bit pleased having to "drive" this thing to the auction to be sold for $50 or whatever it sold for... I think it was around 35 miles to the auction and believe it or not it didn't burst into flames on the way there thank god.

SynGroW
08-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Most fun thing is a Merlo Multifarmer I think. My uncle owns 2 of these machines and my dad borrowed one for a few weeks for use at a construction site. I had to drive it daily for about 2 weeks and that was fun :)
(it hits about 30MPH in the mud, so that's not too bad imo ;))
http://publiquip.com/News/photo/Merlo-Multifarmer-Heavy-Equipment-2.jpg The green thing in the pic of course ;)

Biggest thing: a Terberg FM1950 8x6. Weights about 44tons loaded. Of course I never came on public roads with it. Just drove around on my dad's property
http://www.terbergbenschop.nl/images/verkoop_nieuw/trucks/FM1950_.jpg The model before that one (can't find any pics, Terberg is a very small truck builder and they design trucks specially for the dutch market because of the maximum weight rules here ;), so there aren't a lot pics on the net)

The most stupid thing is a Hyster 1.75t forklift. The handling of that thing sucks really bad. It runs on LPG which sucks and the controls are worn out so its impossible to work without crashing into everything. I normally drive one of these (http://www.liftruck.co.uk/images/yale-gdp30tf-diesel-forklift.jpg) and my dad buys a new one every 3 years because they fall apart after 3 years when you move about 50ton of potatoes every hour with a bucket (http://www.wifo.nl/images/hod-01.jpg). It isn't funny to go back to a forklift from 200 years ago (well, it feels like its that old) when you're used to machines from max. 3 years old.
http://www.sweetdeer.com/hyster%20103.jpg

Poki
08-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Most fun thing is a Merlo Multifarmer I think. My uncle owns 2 of these machines and my dad borrowed one for a few weeks for use at a construction site. I had to drive it daily for about 2 weeks and that was fun :)
(it hits about 30MPH in the mud, so that's not too bad imo ;))
http://publiquip.com/News/photo/Merlo-Multifarmer-Heavy-Equipment-2.jpg The green thing in the pic of course ;)

Biggest thing: a Terberg FM1950 8x6. Weights about 44tons loaded. Of course I never came on public roads with it. Just drove around on my dad's property
http://www.terbergbenschop.nl/images/verkoop_nieuw/trucks/FM1950_.jpg The model before that one (can't find any pics, Terberg is a very small truck builder and they design trucks specially for the dutch market because of the maximum weight rules here ;), so there aren't a lot pics on the net)

The most stupid thing is a Hyster 1.75t forklift. The handling of that thing sucks really bad. It runs on LPG which sucks and the controls are worn out so its impossible to work without crashing into everything. I normally drive one of these (http://www.liftruck.co.uk/images/yale-gdp30tf-diesel-forklift.jpg) and my dad buys a new one every 3 years because they fall apart after 3 years when you move about 50ton of potatoes every hour with a bucket (http://www.wifo.nl/images/hod-01.jpg). It isn't funny to go back to a forklift from 200 years ago (well, it feels like its that old) when you're used to machines from max. 3 years old.
http://www.sweetdeer.com/hyster%20103.jpg
I hope you feel better knowing most of the forklifts i've used were well over 10 years old and never had problems with crashing them... Slow down some?

SynGroW
08-26-2005, 02:51 AM
I hope you feel better knowing most of the forklifts i've used were well over 10 years old and never had problems with crashing them... Slow down some?

The problem with the older forklifts is that they handle completely different than newer ones. When I work at home I drive a forklift for about 8 or 9 hours a day. After 10 years of experience with forklifts you get a feeling for the machines. It takes a few weeks get the feeling for a new one, so when you're used to drive with one type (In my case a 3ton Yale from 2002 IIRC) you know exactly what it will do when you hit the brake. Because that Yale doesn't have a real gearbox (only a front-backwards switch) the brake also acts like a clutch when you press it very light. This makes it possible to drive very slowly even when you give full throttle.

It takes a while to get a feeling for that brake pedal (which probably is the most important to be able to work fast) The problem with those crappy old forklifts is that the brakes are worn out, so it doesn't stop as fast as the normal (newer) forklifts when you hit the brake. Because of this you have to create a complete new style of driving (braking very early compared with what you were used to) and this takes time. Also the brake pedal doesn't work as a clutch as good as on the newer machine which can give problems because it drives forward when you want to stand still.

The second thing that you have to get used with are the hydraulic valves for moving the forks up/down/forward/backward. Pulling them back or pushing them forward can be done very gentle which causes the forks to move slowly or fast and everything between those 2. That old truck I showed in the picture is seriously screwed. When you have nothing on your forks (so no load) it's very slow when you try to lower the forks. When you have a load from about 1t on the forks it falls down with about 9,81m/s (;))
So the lowering speed is different with a different load. When it lowers that fast your natural reaction is to let the handle lose and that's something you shouldn't do because your load will fall off because it stops lowering immediately

By the newer Yale the lowering speed unloaded and loaded is about the same, so it's a lot easier to control that machine and you don't have problems with your load falling off because it stops too directly.

So the solution for my problems with that machine is just using it every day for a week or something. Than you get the feeling and the problems with hitting things (wooden boxes in my case) are gone. But because the machine is that old we only use it when all the other machines are already in use so I drive it for 1 hour a month max. And that isn't enough to get and keep the feeling for that thing.

You're probably right about the slow down some part. Driving slowly will solve all the problems I have with that old machine. But I only use that thing when I can't wait for a better machine to be available. So when I use the thing I'm automatically in a hurry :(

And that's why I think that Hyster thingy is the most stupid thing I ever drove. (hmm, maybe the Mitsubishi forklift we rented some years ago was even worse, it broke down twice a week and the brakes just didn't work at all)

I know my English sucks, and you probably don't understand what I just tried to explain, but the thing sucks anyway :p:

ciento44
08-27-2005, 07:55 AM
1985 Dodge Colt E.

I don't think that needs anymore explaining. :D

g-a-m-e
08-27-2005, 08:42 AM
pfff, (altough embarassing) that aint banana's compared to my first car...

Honda civic 1979 ... gold brownish...automatic transmission (<automatic transmissions is for old ladies in europe)...
It was my first car, it lasted exactly one trip to "club X" lol, we got towed back by a friend with a flashy GOLF 2... (i am not joking here, luckily everybody in the car had have enough xtc not to feel embarassed at all)..

Then came the Fiat uno, 4 drs... it was beige and the doors were rusted through on the bottom...I drove around with a wooden board for a sidewindow for about six months after i accidently threw a brick through the side window.
I was showing my friends how to properly throw a brick on the roof of the little electricity shack ... I swear you, i have never seen somebody with a whiter shade then the guy that was compulsively drawing pictures in that fiat on a quiet sunday morning...he didnt see it coming really lol ... neither did i..

After that came some 12 other embarassing cars, which most of em i crashed or set on fire in an embarassing manor; 2 caught fire> 1 behind the dashboard while i was "re-wiring" my radio, and one engine fire ... Which brings me to another topic, how the HELL can people in the US drive at the age of 16 !? .. Here it is 18, which to be honest i still find young .. But 16 !? In the netherlands the government is discussing to make the minimum age 17 years, and that is to drive a MO-PED..

Sorry iff i turned this thread into the "most embarassing incidents in your most embarassing vehicle" thread ..

Poki
08-27-2005, 02:28 PM
SynGroW, you expressed yourself perfectly in english better than most Americans would :toast:
I was more or less just poking fun at you about the slowing down part.
The last really sloppy lift i drove was a really old Yale 5ton. The guides on the boom were loose/the transmission had alot of lag when changing directions/ the sideshift guides were very loose/ All the rear suspension/steering joints were mega loose and the rear tires were in chunks. That's what made me think about mentioning slowing down... That OLD Yale would kill someone real easy in the hands of a novice working around other people that weren't trying to stay clear of it :(
I'm glad you get to use newer better maintained equipment as most of the places i've been at won't flip the bill to keep things in tip top shape or spend for safety.

Chipmonk
08-27-2005, 02:57 PM
syn grow you need to slow down. Beleive me i own a forklift along with a small fleet of DAF XF 44 tonners here in the UK + if i can find a piccie i will post one of my MAFI now thats a strange bugger you know them things you see shunting trailers at the docks...

JuanFlaiter
09-17-2005, 11:46 AM
A Citroen Yagan. It's based on the 2CV6 platform and the only car designed in Chile. We swaped the engine for a newer AX330 later. (just reference picture, mine is restored)

http://moblog.co.uk/blogs/4391/moblog_e5d69ea4f74db.jpg

An old Dodge Truck

http://www.yesterdaystruck.com/trphotos/a372.jpg

Chevrolet Marajo

http://www.competicion.com.br/carros/Chevrolet%20marajo1981a.jpg

Vince2005
09-20-2005, 08:52 PM
The dumbest thing I drove was a Honda Elite 80CC it's a motor scooter it had a problem and only went 25MPH tops so I sold it.

the_chad
09-20-2005, 09:09 PM
old turbo saab on the farm and a shopping trolley (both of them dont corner too well ;)

SamHughe
09-26-2005, 11:34 PM
That would be my first car 1990 Plymouth Voyager. Very similar to this but even older looking and uglier.

http://community-2.webtv.net/blk86trbo/Turbona/scrapbookFiles/mailedD22.jpg

Weird thing is when I had that car I also had lots of "friends" calling me all the time because either they needed a ride or transport something big and heavy (like furniture). 2 days after the car died on me the number of "friends" dropped to the half.

No wait!...The stupidest thing I have ever driven must be the 1990 Mitsubishi Mirage that I bought after Voyager. Yeah that one was definately ugly. It was aready wrecked when I bought it (paid for $150). The front was literally collapsed in like a "V". Only one headlight, no wiperblades, no AC. Drove like two months then it gave up. Then I traded both cars with a 1991 Subaru Legacy. Now that one was a good car. I traded in that one for $750 to get my current car. I drive a 1997 Honda Civic Sedan now (actually my wife drives). It's a decent car. I hope one day I'll get a truck for my self.

Stewie007
09-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Actually the stupidest thing I've ever driven was a Volkswagen Pashot....

kamongear
10-13-2005, 08:58 AM
A go-kart thats top speed was 1 mph.

zakelwe
10-14-2005, 02:12 PM
My wife.

Biggest thing I have ever driven is a Cat 785C. Fully loaded you could have a good argument with an abrams tank and come off tops, unless of course he was firing his gun :)

Regards

Andy