PDA

View Full Version : Newer dell Psus on new motherboards?

Reznik Akime
03-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Reading around, I discovered that Dells made after September of 2002 no longer have proprietary powersupplys and I wouldnt mind having some confirmed stores here to back up some claims before I go switching my mobo out for a new one. The dell I have is a Dimension 8250 which I got for christmas of 02.

ChuChuX3
03-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Are you sure? I got the Dell Dimension 8200 with the i850e chipset.

http://www.spongebobsupgradesite.com/

/\ That's for the 8200 only but you may find something useful with that. If what you're saying is true, I'll hopefully be able to get a new PSU to supplement my computer. Granted all the upgrades I'm planning would probably be used better on a new computer, I'll just use this for weirdness sakes.

Xerxes
03-25-2005, 06:47 PM
it still depends on the model. its quite simple to check though what kind of connectors does it have?

Reznik Akime
03-25-2005, 07:19 PM
I suppose the two standard looking ATX connectors. I looked on that pcpowerandcooling site that someone had shown me, and it had a dell selector thing. I put in my model and it came up with some aftermarket dell psu, but it had compatibility for Atx Rev 2.03. What the hell is Rev. 2.03? The dell revision?