PDA

View Full Version : Ahh...! can't illustrate vmods help!

kryptobs2000
03-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Hey, I'm just trying to draw a nice looking vmod guide like the following. Can anyone give me some tips on how to they show their vmods? Using photoshop btw. Thanks :p:

http://www.motherboardfaqs.com/abit/abit_mods_vdd_resistor_files/resistor_3.jpg
(taken from motherboardfaqs.com)

Richie
03-22-2005, 12:25 AM
alright, well the basic way would be just to use the standard straight line tool with a bright colour that sticks out - in this case lime green.

if you want to get a little more technical you could use marque tools to make the shapes, such as recatangular marque, and the circular marque, make the shape and colour it in with the lime green.

with the rectangle, you make the shape, fill it with lime green, duplicate the rectangle, then feather the image ( or scroll it down) to fit inside the larger rectangle. then press ctrl + click on the layer - i think it is, and that will select the image surroundings, press delete, then with the marque still there, go to the larger rectangle and click delte and the shape.

lol the easier way of doing this would be, make the larger rectangle, colour it in with lime green, then draw another marque in the middle and press delete. (make it about 10 pixels from the edge of the image all the way around.

the test is easy, just type it out, and press ctrl + f and rotate the text.

although my post seems long it's really easy to do that.

btw, the corner lines look a bit ghetto so he may have used the pen tool and easiler done them, Or even more basic just draw in the corners with paintbrush.

kryptobs2000
03-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Got to go right now, but thanks, I'll see what I can manage later.