PDA

View Full Version : cebit

saaya
03-21-2005, 01:27 PM
first of all my apologies that im posting this stuff a few days late, i had a lot of trouble with my laptop and cam at cebit and couldnt upload anything from cebit because they only let you use some surf stations. there IS a way to go online with your own laptop but its 6$ for 10mins, so that wasnt really an option either, it would have been free if i had a press certification, but i didnt get one :/

to make it all worse i arrived with a flu, then was invited to some asian food wich gave me a stomach flue, and finally cought another flu on the last day at cebit from an amd guy i interviewed, wich has been giving me headaches for the last days :lol:

i lost a bunch of pictures and forgot to ask a bunch of questions because i wasnt feeling very well most of the time, but i exchanged contacts with all the nice people i met at cebit and will interview them and ask them more questions about current and future products and post stuff about it :)

this was my first time at cebit and i totally underestimated it! :D
this thing is incredibly huge...
you need 30 minutes to walk from one end to the other, only 1 3rd of cebit was actually dedicated to computer hardware, and even that third of cebit can hardly be checked out by anybody in the 7 days the cebit is open.
you can def walk through and see all things and take pics of all the things, but its pretty much impossible to really check it all out and see all the details and ask questions.

so the most important thing is to make a route you wanna go each day and where to stop and for how long, if you dont do that you will get lost somewhere :slobber: 'ing at some hardware and be pssed at yourself later because you didnt make it to the booths you actually wanted to go, i heard that story from many people on cebit, you really have to fight your way through the booths and force yourself to not get distracted so you reach the place you wanted to check out :lol:

i still have a bunch of interviews and nice infos and a load of pics even though i lost a bunch, i have already sorted it all regarding manufacturers and will post them here, one thread for each manufacturer :)

if you have any questions just ask or shoot me a pm :toast:

MSI@Cebit 2005 (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56847)

skate2snow
03-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Me I have around 250/300 high res pics of about everything there.... But It drinked all of my batt and couldn`t recharge it because of 230V connectors in europea. So I coudln`t take as much pics as I wanted...

If anyone wants to do a gallery with my pics, please PM me...

I was only able to go there for 3-4 days, and really couldn`t see all what I wanted:(. Beleive Saaya on that! And it`s hard to find someone in there, hen Saaya?:p:.

Unfortunatly, all the info I got from manufacturer are under NDA or too boring to be talked about;)..... When NDA will be lifted by manuf. I will let you know the info;). But you will probably know at the same time as I will be allowed;).

saaya
03-21-2005, 05:21 PM
lol, yeah its hard to find people at cebit... its overcrowded and noisy everywhere and its so huge... and then the people who work at cebit dont even know what place they are working at ;)
matthieu and me tried to meet and we were in two different locations, yet the cebit employees told both of use that we were in the "information center" in the "visitors launge" yet one of us was in the convenction/press center :D

first cebit article is up :)

MSI@Cebit 2005 (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56847)

EMC2
03-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your flu bro, hope you're feeling much better!!

And thanks for the effort and the reports, tis appreciated! :D

saaya
03-21-2005, 07:47 PM
thx, sorry its comming so late, would have loved to post stuff right after cebit every night, then you guys could have told me questions to ask and what to take better pics of etc... ah well, next year! :D