PDA

View Full Version : x850 xt platinum oc issues.

hotcpu_www
03-21-2005, 03:53 AM
Hello.
I have got an x850 xt platinum edition graphics card and am having some issues overclocking this.
I have so far managed to complete 3dmark03 with 14,000 and 3dmark05 with 6400.
I upped the core from 540 to 580 and the memory from 590 to 610.
Using the atitool this shows the card as having lots of errors when I scan for artifacts. It only seems to not artifact when I put the memory back to almost stock speeds. And it also doesnt find the max mem/core, instead it runs backwards to it turns the clockspeed down. How strange is that!!

I have seen some you pple acchiveve excellent benche's with this card.
I am using dna drivers http://www.dna-drivers.com/page.php?id=2
Im not sure if I should get: http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php
I have not had any luck installing the omega's so thats why I am with dna.

I am looking for some possible better drivers 'please post link', Any software config tips to get better benchmarks. Preferable 7000+ on 3dmark05 :)
Any help would be appricated. Thanks.

Disposibleteen
03-21-2005, 06:55 AM
yuck, that sounds like a cooling problem, what are your ambient case temps and is your cooler seated right?

P.S - Welcome to XS!

hotcpu_www
04-05-2005, 03:11 AM
My coller is seated correct.
My cpu temp is 32 idle 50+ load.
My gpu/ambient is always around 50 degrees as well.
My harddrives are between 25/35 degrees.
I am not sure of my case temp. I dont think I have a sensor that tells me.

Is it worth getting a gpu cooler? And if so which would be the best for my gpu.
Thanks.

mike
04-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Hi,

I've got a chance to test 3 different X850XT PE so far on my system and I had one go 603 Max on the Memory, the other 2 got up to 614mhz max on memory with standard cooling running 3mark05.

On my current X850XT PE I installed a watercooled Peltier unit and I got the memory up to 633mhz memory running stable 3mark05 (core at 610mhz).

So there is certainly an improvement to be made with better cooling.

But be aware the other benchmarks you are seeing - with people having core and memory much higher are generally volt modded cards.
No all cards overclock the same.

As cooling the only upgrade for benchmarking I would recommend would be watercooling - if you want to make a bigger impact. Going with an Artic cooler or Zalman Gpu cooler only will give you small improvement ( but much more pleasing to the ear)

There is always the option to use ATI-Tools fan speed adjustment to get fans up to 100% for benching - in case you weren't aware

Mike