PDA

View Full Version : Cooling multiple CPUs with one system?

Jeff
11-30-2002, 01:37 PM
I'm not talking about a dually. I'm talking about a small farm. ;)

I have 3-5 computers that I'd love to try this out on. The cooling would need to be a little bit better than air so that I'd be able to pull 1.9GHz to 2.0GHz on the new low-cost Tbreds. Right now I'm pushing them 1.8GHz to 1.9GHz on air but it's just a bit loud... and very, VERY ugly(lots of ducts piping outside air onto the CPUs).

If anyone knows of a website or two that shows someone else's project, please let me know.

TIA.

KnightElite
11-30-2002, 01:41 PM
I know #Rotor does it with 4 CPUs, and one watercooling setup.

RichBa5tard
11-30-2002, 02:02 PM
Be sure to have a good pump, like the eheim 1250 (1200l/h).

Oh, and take some pics. :)

IFMU
11-30-2002, 03:56 PM
Are you looking for water or other?
Needs to be moved to an appropriate section, the reason I ask.

Presuming water, so moving there.

antipop
11-30-2002, 04:23 PM
You need a very good pump or maybe two run in serial and you can add some heatercore on the way so as to keep the water cool and allow you the best temp

Jeff
11-30-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by IFMU
Are you looking for water or other?
Needs to be moved to an appropriate section, the reason I ask.

Presuming water, so moving there.

Opps. Sorry 'bout that.

Schitzo
12-04-2002, 12:01 AM
Should be possible. Without any fancy cooling tricks, though, it's gonna take either a huge radiator or several run in series

saaya
12-05-2002, 09:20 AM
i got a 5000l/h pump standing around here, that would definetly do the job..its really silent , but extremely powerfull.... 400watt or so. if you plan to oc all of that cpus you should part one big hose into little hoses, one for each cpu. and youll need at least one 1.5meter heatercore for ever 4 cpus if you plan to cool them without fans

EDIT thought about it again, and i think i would use 2 pumps to feed a big hose that parts into several little hoses, one for each cpu. i would take 2 pumps because if one fails the other one will cool your setups long enough to shut them down without any probs.

if its possible build a large bong or maybe 2 outside of the window of that room that would cool the water mix from all those cpus. that bong should especially work very well in winter :D