Feedback
X- submit player feedback
PS2- NA
GC- NA

Online Titles by holiday '03
X- 50
PS2- TBD
GC- TBD

damn XBOX does suck doesn't it? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Svenn
11-29-2002, 10:19 PM
I'm not really trying to bring you down or anything, just stating my opinion. I hope you aren't taking too much offense to anything I've said. My point is though, that the games are just not as good. I don't doubt X-Box can do more, but until I get some games worth doing that with, then it doesn't matter. I can think of maybe 3 or 4 games that I would even bother playing on X-Box. I could name 10-20 easily on PS2 and 5-10 on Gamecube. It's like buying a PC but not being able to use any software...

JBELL
11-29-2002, 10:44 PM
svenn I wasn't referring to you lol but lots of people out there don't know - I use to be a xbox hater

Smizack
11-29-2002, 10:52 PM
Actually... You can run Linux on it, watch movies, play videos.. ect ect...

Try that on a GC or PS2.

Dude, I turned my nose at the xbox for a long time. And I'd use any excuse I could to state why anoter console was better than anything microsoft could develope. But after I got one my story changed. I love it. And I'm not dismissing any other console (Well, except sega:D ) If the PS3 comes out tomorrow, I'll be in line to get one. But the xbox to me at the current time seems to be the superior console.

Hupperware
12-04-2002, 11:02 AM
In-game 5.1 surround sound...

It's never been done before. How would it feel to have a Final Fantasy game or Metroid in 5.1? Guess we won't know for awhile.

War XBox

Cyphen
12-29-2002, 02:13 PM
Able to use dial-up online...
X - NO
PS2 - Sometimes
GC - TBD

Point is, that this pitiful dial-up user (and forum lurker :)) doesn't like that fact.

mdzcpa
12-29-2002, 03:04 PM
All consoles kinda suck IMOHO.

JBELL
12-29-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Cyphen
Able to use dial-up online...
X - NO
PS2 - Sometimes
GC - TBD

Point is, that this pitiful dial-up user (and forum lurker :)) doesn't like that fact.

LOL welcome aboard Cyphen, I mean WELCOME TO THE SICKNESS!!!

um why would you want to play online on dial-up??? you would have tremendous lag!!!!

XBOX owns all!

glock19owner
12-29-2002, 04:35 PM
The only reason why I dont like the X-Box is because of the big controllers...and I dont have small hands.

Here is the reason why I dont like consoles...my 1.9G system runs and plays games faster then any console on the market. And yes, since I have TV out, I can set my system up to the 60" TV. S-Video out does wonders, plus being able to support 1024x768 is another plus.

JBELL
12-29-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by glock19owner
The only reason why I dont like the X-Box is because of the big controllers...and I dont have small hands.

Here is the reason why I dont like consoles...my 1.9G system runs and plays games faster then any console on the market. And yes, since I have TV out, I can set my system up to the 60" TV. S-Video out does wonders, plus being able to support 1024x768 is another plus.

Very true have you tried the 'TYPE S' controllers??

they are much smaller....

Charles Wirth
12-29-2002, 05:15 PM
I got an Xbox for Christmas (Im 33 years old) from my parents, a couple of games too. Ill pick up the Internet adapter prob tonight after reading more about it.

Vice city, halo, and sega GT 2002 racing because my brother wants to beat me at it.

JBELL
12-29-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by FUGGER
I got an Xbox for Christmas (Im 33 years old) from my parents, a couple of games too. Ill pick up the Internet adapter prob tonight after reading more about it.

Vice city, halo, and sega GT 2002 racing because my brother wants to beat me at it.

all you need is standard cat5 cable and a router - like I have listed here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5746)

Ghost Recon is a GREAT game to get if you like FPS games. vice city is not on XBOX - PS2 only, but HALO is another great game that is a staple to any XBOX owner...

Smizack
12-29-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by FUGGER

They have Vice city on xbox?!??

Charles Wirth
12-30-2002, 04:02 AM
Hah, it is vice city but for PS2

I had to double check. I just hooked it up tonight and was playing the Sega GT

JBELL
12-30-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Smizack
They have Vice city on xbox?!??

Next year XBOX will have its own version of GTA... it is called True Crime, I have only been able to find info in one place on it - in the Official XBOX Magazine OCtober 2002. But the images I saw holy christmas it is going to rock!!!!

Smizack
12-30-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by JBELL
Next year XBOX will have its own version of GTA... it is called True Crime, I have only been able to find info in one place on it - in the Official XBOX Magazine OCtober 2002. But the images I saw holy christmas it is going to rock!!!!

Sweet. I already smoked VC for the duce. I'm ready for the next one.

Tweaked!
01-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Well, so far, I'm impressed with it. Bought my kids one for xmas and I haven't gotten a single chance to play it yet. They won't put it down:D

TerroH8er
01-07-2003, 07:27 PM
Actually Linux is on the PS2.. officially...

plus, does Xbox have DVD support?

:)

Really though, it's all up to the person's personal preference (boy that's a tounge twister lmao), if one console was better than the other then other consoles would have no games being developed for them. I'll leave it at that.. :)

JBELL
01-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by TerroH8er
Actually Linux is on the PS2.. officially...

plus, does Xbox have DVD support?

yes XBOX does and it supports many more standard DVD Features and does it much better...

lysdexic
01-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Actually, the DVD player is really good.

BTW, the xbox dvd remote is an RCA remote. So, if you're trying to program your universal remote to control the xbox, try an RCA code.

JBELL
01-08-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by lysdexic
Actually, the DVD player is really good.

BTW, the xbox dvd remote is an RCA remote. So, if you're trying to program your universal remote to control the xbox, try an RCA code.

NIIICCCEEE!!!!!!!

Xenogias
01-20-2003, 11:36 AM
I was thinking about picking one up, but all i really want is Panzer Dragoon Orta. IMO, this round of consoles has failed all expectations. Maybe, its an indication of the state of the industry or maybe i've just grown out of them...that can't be can it?

lysdexic
01-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Xenogias
IMO, this round of consoles has failed all expectations. Maybe, its an indication of the state of the industry or maybe i've just grown out of them...that can't be can it?

You must be smoking some good :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:... I've been console gaming since the Atari 2600 in the early 1980's. (which I still have) This round of consoles is the best yet. Compared to the previous generation they are all better. Compared to each other Game Cube sucks. PS2 is OK. Xbox rocks!