PDA

View Full Version : AMD BTX Motherboard at CeBIT

SLaY3r07
03-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Well, BTX is slowly going to become the standard and AMD finally reveils their prototype SiS BTX board.

X-Bit Labs (http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/editorial/display/cebit2005-5_6.html)

saaya
03-16-2005, 02:34 PM
its not becomming a standard! LOL
ive seen maybe 5 or 6 btx mainboards at all cebit and ive seen around 300+ mainboards overall, so go figure :D

the intel btx cooler still cant be bought from intel and they dont have boxed cpus with the btx cooler either i heard... theres not really a move to btx at all... there are 10x more small factor pcs with small mainboards than btw mainboards...

if you ask me sff will be the next standard, not btx...

Kanavit
03-16-2005, 06:42 PM
its more likely i will adopt pcie than btx which btw is copyrighted now by BTX technology.

http://www.btx.com/images/footer.gif

mcnbns
03-16-2005, 10:06 PM
BTX is too little too late. ATX is everywhere and it just seems like a bad idea to me to change something that doesn't really need changing. Yes, it might be a little more "thermally advantaged", as Intel says, to have the CPU at the bottom of the case, but I'm not going to buy a new case and a new mobo to change that one little thing.

skate2snow
03-17-2005, 03:29 AM
Right now the ATX is kind of using some of the BTX caracteristic and I think it is very good ATM and we don't need it and none need it....

saaya
03-17-2005, 09:01 AM
the dual core demo intel was showing at their booth (smithfield) was in good old atx as well... so it looks like intel stopped trying to push the market to btx.

this pretty much means btx wont go mainstream if you ask me... it will just be yet another standard between mini atx micro atx nano atx and all those sff sizes...

blinky
03-17-2005, 08:42 PM
ctx is the new standard, duh

STEvil
03-17-2005, 09:44 PM
You can get better cooling performance if you just use ATX upside down anyways, and its still compatable with all ATX hardware out there.

mcnbns
03-17-2005, 09:50 PM
You can get better cooling performance if you just use ATX upside down anyways, and its still compatable with all ATX hardware out there.
Exactly, like what Lian Li did with the V1000 series cases.