PDA

View Full Version : IT7 spontaneous Reboot prob

Eli
11-29-2002, 02:20 PM
Heya OPP, Icee, DD, Pilsy, and the rest of ya.
Long time no see :)
I've recently picked up a P4 2.6 ghz and an Abit IT7. I'm having some strange issues though, the sys spontaneously reboots randomly. Sometimes it happens 3 times in a couple minutes and other times it runs great for 6 hours. It's as if my PSU wasnt giving enough juice but I've got an Antec PP412x (400w) which should be fine (tried another psu too). I've tried all the usual stuff I can think off including 3 different sticks of ram, dif bios, taking out all components systematically, reseating hsf, etc.
Anyone else had this prob w/ the IT7?
I'm dying to volt mod this mobo and stick one of my spirals on the p4 ;) but I need to get this figured out first. It's getting cold out here so my chiller should get me some decent temps :)

One last ques:
What pelt size you guys been running for the 9700? I'm wondering if this 80w is gonna cut it or not and I havent had time to do the research.

Thnx.

ASRaiven
11-29-2002, 02:37 PM
Did you check if your board undervolts? The actual vcore my be too low in order to keep the cpu stable at it's stock speed.

MrIcee
11-29-2002, 02:59 PM
Eli :)

Great to see you back with us my friend !! We have missed your prescence here with us on the forums.

I'm afraid I've not worked with this board before so I'll have to leave it to OPP and PiLsY to try and help you rectify the problem. Drop them a pm in case they don't see this thread.

Truly hope to see more of you Eli, your benching prowess and skills are sorely missed as is your prescence on the forums. Take care and hope to see you around more often :)

Randi:D

Eli
11-29-2002, 04:10 PM
ASRaiven,
Yes, I even tried raising the vcore a bit as well as vmem to no avail.

Randi,
You are too kind my friend :D Glad to be back in the swing of things. Hopefully I'll get this bug worked out so I can get this puppy movin and pump out some worthy 3dmark scores ;)

PiLsY
11-29-2002, 09:07 PM
Hi m8 :).

Nice to see an old face again after so long.

Is it rebooting under load or just at idle at the desktop? Also could you give us your voltages and temps m8. I take it youve checked your event viewer to eliminate software being the cause of the reboots?

PiLsY.

Eli
12-01-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by PiLsY
Hi m8 :).

Nice to see an old face again after so long.

Is it rebooting under load or just at idle at the desktop? Also could you give us your voltages and temps m8. I take it youve checked your event viewer to eliminate software being the cause of the reboots?

PiLsY.

Heya PiLsY :)
It's rebooting under both load and idle and it's def not software that's causing the reboots. Here's my temps+voltages:
Sys 28c
Cpu 40c
vcore 1.50 (tried up to 1.65)
Vmem 2.48 (tried up to 2.72)
I/O 3.24
5v 5.13
12v 11.97

I'm about adjust the I/O /5v/12v w/ the pots on my psu, hopefully I have some luck.

Thnx

JNav89GT
12-02-2002, 08:09 AM
i would maybe try some different ram or diff ram timings

Eli
12-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Hi,
yeah I tried 3 dif sticks of ram w/ all various timings. I found out it was the I/O voltage. I bumped it up to 3.33v e/ the pots in my psu and the prob is fixed.

Thnx:)