PDA

View Full Version : Pump making noise

antipop
11-29-2002, 08:48 AM
I've got my eheim1048 for three or four months now and i've noticed that it's starting to make noise. At first it would come and go, or if i turn off the pump then restart it the noise would be gone. But now it seems to be always there (i can't really as most of time i have music playing) even if i shut down and restart the pump the noise would be here. It's specially annoying at night. I'm worried that the pump is somewhat dying (talking about german quality :( ).

ps my sys is perfectly bled, other details about sys in sig

KnightElite
11-29-2002, 08:58 AM
What kind of tubing are you using? Silicon? And what kind of a noise is it? If it's a fizzy noise (can't think of a better way to describe it) then it's due to small bubbles. Silicon tubing is porous, so water will gradually disapear from your system over time, which might be the cause of your problem.

antipop
11-29-2002, 09:12 AM
I'm using silicon as i can't find tygon anywhere around (i'm living in france and finding wc parts is a pain is the ...)
I don't know how to describe the noise, all i can say is that i wasn't having this noise a month ago, and i have to unplug the pump at night
Is it something every one using silicon has?

antipop
12-03-2002, 12:37 AM
bump

Torinalth
12-03-2002, 07:13 AM
cant describe it at all? a bumpinb noise? rattle? humming? grinding? sounding like a wheel off its axis? metal on metal? sounding like an old broken down engine?

have to be some way to descrbe it

Torinalth

KnightElite
12-03-2002, 08:23 AM
Does it sound at all like bubbles in the system? Sorry I didn't replay to this earlier, I must have missed your post. Do you have a reservoir, or an inline system? If it's inline, and it sounds like bubbles in the pump, then you quite likely have to add more water and bleed the system to get the air out.

antipop
12-03-2002, 08:54 AM
I'm pretty sure my sys is bled (i wasn'(t habving this sound a month ago) i always check my water point (i have a t-line) and the T is the highest point in my sys. The water has never went below the level of any part of my wc setup, so i don't know how air could have enter inside the sys