PDA

View Full Version : Window

Smizack
03-25-2002, 08:07 PM
What should I use to cut out a window on the side panell?
I'm thinking I don't want to use a dremel (That seems like a lot of unnecessary work for something like that). Are nibblers not a good idea? I've never used one but I've heard they ar time consuming unless it's pnuematic.(sp?)
And I don't have access to a router yet.

JBELL
03-25-2002, 08:09 PM
well what size is the window? I would use a jigsaw to cut within an inch of desired area then use dremel or other tool to finish off the size... and grommet it with a rubber molding.

Smizack
03-25-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by JBell
well what size is the window? I would use a jigsaw to cut within an inch of desired area then use dremel or other tool to finish off the size... and grommet it with a rubber molding.

Ahhh.. Good idea with the jigsaw. I'm not sure how big yet, but it's probably gonna be pretty large. I'm thinking flames right now, but I have some artistic friends that are thinking up some things also.

Smizack
03-25-2002, 08:20 PM
Also, Is there a problem with using Lucite? It seemed like it would work good, and it's pretty much like Plexi.

JBELL
03-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Smizack
Also, Is there a problem with using Lucite? It seemed like it would work good, and it's pretty much like Plexi.

lexan is ideal.. kinda heavy but is harder to scratch, is a bit clearer, and won't warp like plexi! and better for etching!!

Smizack
03-25-2002, 08:24 PM

lexan is ideal.. kinda heavy but is harder to scratch, is a bit clearer, and won't warp like plexi! and better for etching!!

Aight. Hve you used Lucite before? I've never seen anyone use it yet, just wanted to see how well it worked.

*EDIT
BTW, Lucite is used in place of glass like in windows so the clarity should be ok I think.

JBELL
03-25-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Smizack

Aight. Hve you used Lucite before? I've never seen anyone use it yet, just wanted to see how well it worked.

I do a lot of window treatments here - like if you go to 7-11 and look at the soda fountain - the light sign - thats lexan we do that kind of work here.... and is very good product!

as for lucite I am not familiar with it.

We also do DR PEPPER, POPULAR OUTDOORS, HIGH HEALTH and many other with that product...

Smizack
03-25-2002, 08:29 PM

I do a lot of window treatments here - like if you go to 7-11 and look at the soda fountain - the light sign - thats lexan we do that kind of work here.... and is very good product!

as for lucite I am not familiar with it.

We also do DR PEPPER, POPULAR OUTDOORS, HIGH HEALTH and many other with that product...

Cool. I don't know much about it either. Lexan is pretty thin right? If you do pop machines with it then I know it's strong. I've tried breaking one with my foot to no avail.
I might get 2 pieces and see which looks better then.