PDA

View Full Version : Swapped 300mhz for 10c....

PiLsY
11-28-2002, 10:09 PM
Yup all of a sudden this morning....

My Prometia made a couple of very odd sounding clicks last night over the course of 3 hours or so coming form the unit itself. I had my eye on everything - temps, voltages, the lot as it was pretty out of the ordinary. Anyway, nothing changed, everything stayed the same temp, voltages were happy.

Anyway, turned on this morning, straight to my boot up temp of -41c no problem as usual. Bam, blue screen loading windows. Hmm thinks I. Reboot to see if it was a one off, same thing (PFN_LIST_CORRUPT if anyones wondering). Back to default speeds, no problems. Clocked back up in small bursts and im now maxed out at 3440mhz give or take at higher voltage and MUCH higher temps. Was previously @ 3854mhz burning in for a pifast run (for over a week now but I WILL get DJ down ;)) using 1.73v actual with temps of -4c under load and -21c idle (maxed temp sensor). Well, im now at 3440mhz using 1.58v actual with load temps of -6c! Previously I was getting around -16c load at this speed and voltage. What in the blue hell has happened?

Ive checked over everything and visually its all running as it was before, making the same noises. No hissing of leaking refrigerant, no nasty kinks in the pipe. Hovered all the dust out the radiator, checked all the insulation and my hermetic cell - everythings as I left it.

I must confess I dont know a huge amount about vapor phase, so Im hoping one of you chaps can give me a hand here :).

Thx guys,

PiLsY.

Hardass
11-29-2002, 04:32 AM
Did you email Chip-Con to get there input?

JCviggen
11-29-2002, 05:37 AM
you're mentioning core temps.... how have the evaporator temps developed? They must've gone up 10C then?

calantak
11-29-2002, 05:53 AM
you're up for the same happiness I had... and it gets worse in the next few weeks

PiLsY
11-29-2002, 07:33 AM
Evap temps are up by about 6 - 7c under load, just the same at idle though.

Nah ive not emailed chip-con - thought id ask you guys first to see if theres anything I can do. Save bothering them if it was something simple :).

However, it *seems* to be back to normal now. God knows what went on. At the moment im at 3350mhz / 1.57v / 100% load and -14c core, -38c evap. Yesterday and last night this wouldve been more like -32c evap and -7c core. Wasnt hotter in here or anything. Wonder what happened?

PiLsY.

PiLsY
11-29-2002, 12:04 PM
Well, I spoke to soon. 4 1/2 hours of load later and its too high again. Im now at 2584mhz using a 1.6a (swapped cpus to make sure it wasnt that) using 1.47v. 100% load temp is a whopping -12c. Evap temp is -38c. Its WAY higher than normal. My usual temps at this exact speed and voltage are -44c evap and -20c cpu.

Advice?

PiLsY.