PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to test a Prometia without hooking it to a MB?

sharpbw
11-28-2002, 08:49 PM
If you wanted to do a "yeah, this thing works" kind of test, is there a procedure for it? I just want to check operational status before I install it against a cpu.

AKRedneck
11-28-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by sharpbw
If you wanted to do a "yeah, this thing works" kind of test, is there a procedure for it?

sharpbw,

just move your prometeia real close to the side of your operating computer. plug the prometeia in, then take the 4-pin molex from the prom, and plug it into your computer power supply molex. the prom will turn on then. that's what I did.

basically you just need to plug the prometeia into the wall, then put 12v to the molex on the unit. any 12v supply would work, spare battery, etc. kinda cool to see it in action the first time.... 'see it' cause it barely makes any noise!

sharpbw
11-28-2002, 09:53 PM
Thanks AKRedneck, that worked. Now I have to go doctor my frostbite fingers...
It sure is nice to watch it drive the temp down the first time.

TheDude
11-29-2002, 08:54 AM
Might be a good idea now that you know the cooler works, to test your mobo on air before you hook the cooler up. Once you know they both work individually, if there are any problems after you connect the two..that's where the problem is:D

sharpbw
11-29-2002, 08:23 PM
Looking good so far...

AMD 2600+ at 2495 Mhz ( 15x166 ) 1.97v. Burning in now with Sandra, core is around -15C under load. Prommy reading around -34C.